paul mather

Running out of water
« on: July 26, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »
6th day on WFP & ran out with 1 house to go. Murphy's Law that that house was leaded & had those leaded lights in the openers of the conservatory.

I only have a small van so can only fit a 400 litre tank in it. Just wondered how much water you guys get through & does your usage drop dramatically after those 1st cleans.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Chris Cottrell

Re: Running out of water
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:05:57 pm »
I only use about 250lt a day and yes the consumption does come down dramatically

macc

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 07:34:41 pm »
I only use about 250lt a day and yes the consumption does come down dramatically

Same here. 8 months ago i was using 600ltrs a day,  :o. Today i did a long day, hot & humid & turned my water up a bit, still only used about 250ltrs.

A good tip i got was from Gaza on triggers (numatic) on the pole, saves loads of water.  ;D

Macc

JM123

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:57:07 pm »
550/600 ltrs a day, been that way for about a year or more, only used about 300ltrs a day before then.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Tim Morton

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:24:29 pm »
When I started wfp I'd use 275-325L per day on the 1st cleans, now I use 175-200L, I'm on the 5th cleans now, I only fill the trailer up every other day. ( trailer holds 350L )

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

master cleaner

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:25:47 pm »
there are 2 of us doing upstairs and using backpacks and the most we now use is 300ltrs on a full shift

when we use trolleys once a month we use 3-400 ltrs

gary

paul mather

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 08:43:50 pm »
Thanks Guys,

One of the reasons I ask is that my water pressure is quite low & I only make about 400 litres in a 24 hour period. Couple that with the problems I have had with my IBC tank, it means I can't store more than about 500 litres at any given time unlessl I replace my tank.

I think my problem is I've got sick of forking out money for bits & bobs. If I bought  a pump to increase my water pressure & replaced the IBC tank I could build up a nice store of water just in case, but those 2 things would set me back another £150 plus & I can't justify it at the moment.

So I'll just carry on 4 the time being & hope I have enough for each day.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 09:41:55 pm »
Hi Paul,

I know what your saying about spending more and more money but that tank of yours is seriously dangerous and if left as is will end up costing you much more than £70, and at least if you have a fully functioning tank your system will be able to build up a surplus over the weekend which should see you through the week without a booster pump.

Just a thought!!!  ;D

Alistair

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 09:52:55 pm »
Like Gary after 8 years I use max 150 litres per day - I do frames as an extra and get paid extra I contribute to http://www.wateraid.org/international/default.asp as I use so much.

bumper

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 10:13:54 pm »
No wonder theres no water down south. i use 2 buckets a day ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:14 am »
6th day on WFP & ran out with 1 house to go. Murphy's Law that that house was leaded & had those leaded lights in the openers of the conservatory.

I only have a small van so can only fit a 400 litre tank in it. Just wondered how much water you guys get through & does your usage drop dramatically after those 1st cleans.

My water usage varies a lot depending on what type of work I'm doing.  400 litres would see me through most days but there are days when I get through rather more.  I have found that after getting through the first cleans and gaining more confidence in the apparatus, my water usage did drop.  However, when the weather went very hot, it increased again as I wanted to be sure that I was rinsing adequately.  On a cooler day on a maintenance clean, I might use about a third or a quarter of the water I used on a first clean.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:13 am »
Thanks Guys,

One of the reasons I ask is that my water pressure is quite low & I only make about 400 litres in a 24 hour period. Couple that with the problems I have had with my IBC tank, it means I can't store more than about 500 litres at any given time unlessl I replace my tank.

I think my problem is I've got sick of forking out money for bits & bobs. If I bought  a pump to increase my water pressure & replaced the IBC tank I could build up a nice store of water just in case, but those 2 things would set me back another £150 plus & I can't justify it at the moment.

So I'll just carry on 4 the time being & hope I have enough for each day.

It would probably be better to sort this out sooner rather than later.  It's always better to have some spare capacity as it gives you some breathing space in the event of equipment failure.  I had an RO end cap pop on me a while back on my 1,000 litre static tank.  Fortunately, I could still pump water that it had already produced while I was waiting for a new end cap to come through the post.  I lost no work time.
Ideally it would be good to replace the crumpled IBC ASAP but, in the meantime, why not go a cheaper route and buy some 25 litre containers?  You can then pump water into them so that your RO can produce water on your days off?  If you do, remember to store it below 20degrees C as legionella can build up over time.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 09:46:05 am »
700 ltrs lasts me all day and can do 30 houses or two blocks of fklats but have never run out

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 06:01:51 pm »
Paul,

You need to sort your IBC out.

Once you have done this you will make an extra 800 litres of water over the weekend and this will mean you always will have enough for a top up in your van.

Dont worry you will start to find your useage will go down to about 250-350 litres a day, just give it a few months.

Alex Gardiner