DaveBrown

He-man arms!
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:06:51 pm »
Just took delivery of me WFP system today and spent all day playing around with me new toys. One thing I noticed tho is how heavy my 18ft pole is when I extend it and lower it to about a 70 degree angle. Some customers have a sloping roof under their upstairs windows so will need to use it at this angle. I cant even hold the thing steady let alone scrub a window with it! Do you get He-man arms after a while, or what? How do you Guys go on?

Dave

alansavvi

Re: He-man arms!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:17:26 pm »
Yes you do but most of handling the poles is about balance not strength.

captain lard

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:22:27 pm »
I havent used wfp but after many years of playing prop forward and weight training am reasonably strong in the arms,you could I suppose do some work in the gym or get a set of barbells and do exercises,its surprising how quickly you can progress by only doing about 20 mins a night and doing different muscle groups.The wfp'ers might be along in a minute and rubbish that but it might be worth it,just my penny's worth - good luck mate.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »
OK - most of the time the pole is on the window and the window takes a lot of the weight as you scrub.

Over lean-to roofs and conservatories I often place the pole on the gutter and use that as a pivot.

Wide, near-flat roofs are hard work but by extending the rear of the pole back from the point I am holding on to it (my unger is like a traditional chimney sweeps brush where you add sections at the rear to extend the length) you can get it to partially balance the weight of the brush head end.
It's a game of three halves!

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 11:34:15 pm »
50 pushups every morning,  ;D

gaza

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:08:11 am »
It will feel as though youve been hit in the middle of your back with a sledge hammer
so  ring your mrs up on your way home and tell her to run the bath with radox in it.
the pain barrier is soon gone the first three years of pain is the worst. ;D three weeks of pain is still better than a life time of crutches.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

macc

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 07:22:22 pm »
 tell her to run the bath with radox in it.

gaza

gaza. can i give you my home number so you can phone up and tell my missus to do the above, i'm too scared!!

Macc

gaza

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 09:16:08 pm »
mac certaily will ring for you,aslong as you live well away from Nottm,by the sounds of it Iwouldnt want to meet her in the local supermarket,while Im doing the shopping,while the mrs is watching football [well celtic anyway] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gaza

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 10:45:07 pm »
I used to be really slim when I first started window cleaning. Now that I started to use the pole my muscles really started to expand.

Here's me!

gaza

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:24 pm »
mac certaily will ring for you,aslong as you live well away from Nottm,by the sounds of it Iwouldnt want to meet her in the local supermarket,while Im doing the shopping,while the mrs is watching football [well celtic anyway] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gaza