welmac

silly mistake
« on: July 25, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »
i have just supplied a window cleaner a 13ltr resin vessal for his system. anyway he rang me yesterday in a bit of a flap. he had just connected his vessal in the previous night, and left it to fill up. sadly he had connected it to his waste water from his merlin r.o instead of the pure water  ::)

about £40ish worth of resin used in a night!!!!

we all make mistakes  ;D

(mine was forgetting to turn off my water to the van. i had a 400ltr tank and tried to put a 1000ltrs into it  :-[ )

Paul Coleman

Re: silly mistake
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:01:28 pm »
i have just supplied a window cleaner a 13ltr resin vessal for his system. anyway he rang me yesterday in a bit of a flap. he had just connected his vessal in the previous night, and left it to fill up. sadly he had connected it to his waste water from his merlin r.o instead of the pure water  ::)

about £40ish worth of resin used in a night!!!!

we all make mistakes  ;D

(mine was forgetting to turn off my water to the van. i had a 400ltr tank and tried to put a 1000ltrs into it  :-[ )

Mine was when I replaced a leaky stop connector low down on the van with what I thought was another stop connector.  It wasn't, and the water just syphoned out of the van mount overnight into the road.  Oops !!

JM123

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:08:35 pm »
I know a guy that had his storage IBC in his garage (beside the kitchen), went on holiday for a week, flooded the downstairs and cost thousands to fix.  Insurance company weren't too happy
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:05:49 am »
I have also tried to fit 1000 litres into a 650 litre tank.

It just doesn't fit!!!!

The van floor was clean though  ;D

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:12:11 am »
Then why don't you all fit a cheap water alarm, (maplins)

I even fitted one to my bath because my Boss (mrs) tends to put the bath on and go about other chores, and forgetting about the bath, after the second flood, I fitted the water alarm, now she can do what she likes because she always hears the alarm going off, fit one in your tanks.

You can extend the sounder for the van or trailer mount guy's, or even the guy's with tanks in the garage, so its in your house.

Just a thought.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:13:59 am »
silly mistakes

I think a few have been made on this forum lately

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:31:03 am »
silly mistakes

I think a few have been made on this forum lately

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:19 pm »
I fitted a ballcock like you have in the toilet sistern in my tank.
Only cost about £8.
Just have to make sure the connectors on your hose are fitted tight as they blow off otherwise

Craig