garry

websites
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:19:29 pm »
  I have noticed that a lot of window cleaners have there own website, my question is are they any good ie do they bring in any work. I phoned a couple of people from yp who can build me one one wanted £500 >:( the other wanted £150 :D plus he said i would have to pay for hosting about £20.
Is this a good deal? cheers gary.

WavieDavie

Re: websites
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:02:36 pm »
You're now going to be flooded with everybody's view that THEIR website/hostpackage knocks everything else off the face of the planet, but have a browse round this site . . . www.1and1.co.uk

£500? Is that the deal where his sister attends to your every need while you're fending off 300 enquiries a week, and you're No1 on every single search-engine?

Don't believe a word of it - it's his old maiden aunt and you're half way down the page. Did I waste my money or what!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:02:30 pm »
theree is a bloke on forum thats doing them from 50 -150

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:59:02 am »
www.takeawaywebsite.com

I think its £30 a year, they provide the templates etc so really easyy to build your own site.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:22:57 am »
that link does not work for me JM   :(

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:10:06 am »
I have a website which I created myself using the website creator package supplied by the host

www.1and1.co.uk

take a look at my site, it costs me about £2.99 per month.

www.firstcleanservices.co.uk

Its really easy to manage ond ceate.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire