RO-Sheen

Apartment block- How much?
« on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:34 pm »
Sorry - No photos as I just got the call an hour ago and they will send me details but do you charge differently to house windows???

What I mean is I charge £1 a window on a house so should I charge the same for each window on an apartment block? All I know is that there are 43 apartments in total..

Please help
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Trevor Knight

Re: Apartment block- How much?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:24:14 pm »
On larger premises I work on time as opposed to number of windows.

Think this is a fairer way to getting to the end price.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:11:02 am »
Trevor is right price by time not by windows .If it takes you a day how much do you want for a day i have never priced by window allways by time some you under quote most you over quote.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:37:16 am »
Thanks guys
As I've never done a big building before its hard to estimate the time but it takes me about 15 minutes to do a house with 10 windows which would cost about £10.

What do you say  about estimating it that way? ie If there is 100 windows then it will take me 150minutes. That works out about £150. Should I then take off 25% as Im only setting up and packing up only once?
That works out as £112.50 or is that still too much?
Considering that 100 windows will take me about 2.5hours should I charge £30per hour?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:57:32 am »
You have to look at the building and take into account things like:

Method: WFP - Ladders - Both?
Access - can you get to each and every window.
How many ups/downs (downs are obviously quicker)
What obstacles will be in your way, parked cars etc...
Travelling cost
Setting up/packing away.
Do you need to provide Risk Assessment. Method Statements, Health & Safety Policy
Payment - will you invoice, chase accounts dept (this all costs money)

When you have taken all this into account look at your own daily/hourly average. Decide how long the job will take and price according to your hourly rate, allow a small % increase to the job to cover how much time will be spent on administration.

If this is contact work don't forget you will be able to clean this in asll weathers so its guarenteed work?

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:58:14 pm »
Well i clean 50 mixed 2 bed appartments ,2 bed houses takes 3-4 hours and charge £400 regardless of how many windows i allways go on day rate not by window

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:13:02 am »
I do the same on apartment blocks, shelterd houseing type places.

depending on the size of the property quote my daily rate for big ish places and the more smaller type propertlys that have around 6-9 flats etc i would normaly quote half my daily rate.

You would be suprised how fast u can actully do the property's if its easy accses and one up one down type windows were u clean top then under neath move ladder same again these get through the work quite fast and ur not moving the ladder 2much just a few foot to the next window.

Dave
Dave.

david68

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:42:17 am »
Guys i can't wait to turn pro and get these day rates

Dave :-*
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Fast 1 *

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 03:03:13 pm »
why dont you consider yourself pro?Whats stopping you charging the same?
wildstyles