Lee.

2nd week of wfp
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:34:58 pm »
Everything that could go wrong has, Just teething problems though I guess because today wasn't a bad day. I had to cut the day short because I was just so hot  that I felt really dizzy  :-[. But I earned in four hours what I would of earn't in 6hrs trad so today I am happy.

Just waiting for the complaints now ;D

Thanks for all your support. Without this forum I would never of got my feet on the ground. literally

Lee

pylofm

Re: 2nd week of wfp
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:43:12 pm »
Hi Lee....good to hear that at least time is on your side....just think you can sit back and chuckle at the trials and tribulations that I will have when I start with the WFP.

;) Dave.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 04:47:47 pm »
Just wait till you're on your second month of WFP; then you'll be even more chuffed; no more scrubbing those frames like buggery.

Then, just wait till you're into your seventh month; heaven.

But, next week the WFP - new novelty - euphoria will wear off and you'll be wanting to go back to ladders, 'cos it's simpler and less of a kerfuffle on some jobs. 

Stick with it.

paul mather

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »
I'm now on my 2nd week of WFP as well.

It has took me a few days but I've realised the problem windows are the ones that have 2 small openers over a large window. The small gap in between the 2 openers is just perfect for collecting dirt & then dribbling it over the window the moment you walk off the premises.

It also took me 3 days to realise I had put my brush on the gooseneck the wrong way round. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get the right angle to clean those windows down small alleyways between houses & garages.

What a wally ;D ;D ;D ;D
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 05:01:22 pm »

The small gap in between the 2 openers is just perfect for collecting dirt & then dribbling it over the window the moment you walk off the premises.

That's the 'classic' dribble!

I'm sure most, if not all, WFP users have done this one!

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 05:04:38 pm »
I can honestly say that Ive never once thought id go back to ladders after wfp and the novelty has never worn off for me and i am just going into my fourth year. I have done so many different cleans windows,cladding,vehicles etc that hopefully theres not one clean out their i couldn't do. And more rewarding financially to. Keep at it as i love this job every day i wake up as something or someone new is just around the corner.

macc

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 07:25:09 pm »
I can honestly say that Ive never once thought id go back to ladders after wfp and the novelty has never worn off for me and i am just going into my fourth year. I have done so many different cleans windows,cladding,vehicles etc that hopefully theres not one clean out their i couldn't do. And more rewarding financially to. Keep at it as i love this job every day i wake up as something or someone new is just around the corner.

Same here. Last November i switched, best move i made. I love going to work now, even in this heat, i can get mega work done in a day. What ive got done this week would have taken me till thursday, like Tosh said, wait till next month. Even better in 6 months time, it only gets better & easier.

Macc

simbo

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 08:09:52 pm »
to start with wf is a real pain, even now i lose it sometimes if hose snags or you wind out hose and go to clean and you have an airlock in the pump. Openers are a real pain so have started doing them quick and moving on around the house then going back over myselfto stop the runs, seems to work ok, i am using wf far more than i intended and getting good results apart from 3 houses that for some reason the frames still run like milk no matter how much i rinse. today did a all leaded house that usually takes 45 mins in under 20 so well happy £20 too
cheers simb0

master cleaner

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 08:47:57 pm »

It has took me a few days but I've realised the problem windows are the ones that have 2 small openers over a large window. The small gap in between the 2 openers is just perfect for collecting dirt & then dribbling it over the window the moment you walk off the premises.

It also took me 3 days to realise I had put my brush on the gooseneck the wrong way round. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get the right angle to clean those windows down small alleyways between houses & garages.

What a wally ;D ;D ;D ;D

after the first clean i never go near the gap in the middle you just wont be able to stop the runs , i clean the left top one then lower my pole under the gap to get to the right top opener then i do the big window .

gary

Lee.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 11:03:44 pm »
Dave,
Cant wait to hear from your experiences. I do sit back and chuckle at some of the stuff I have done, but it's kind of good to know that everybody else had problems too. I don't mean that in a nasty way but it helps to feel that you are not the only one. I went into this knowing there would be problems and I guess you just have to laugh them off. I would never go back totally to ladders now. The house I did today would usually be done at the top of a fully extended triple 11 rung ladder. It was so good doing it from the ground.

without this forum I dont know what I would have done. Thanks again guys and girls

Lee

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 06:18:40 pm »
Simbo    Those frames that run like milk are powder coated aluminium not UPVC.
The paint is oxidised