jodan63

am back again
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:30:38 pm »
ok, i am back again looking for words of wisdom.
the houses i will initiallly be targeting are the ones which havent been clean for a long time.
so my question/s is what should i be looking at to clean a really dirty window. basically where do i start

Re: am back again
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:44:39 pm »
so my question/s is what should i be looking at to clean a really dirty window. basically where do i start

Jodan, I've just looked at a few of your back posts.  You really are just starting up.

Cleaning a filthy window isn't rocket science, but it's something that rather than writing an explanation, it'd be much better to verbally explain it, then demonstrate it, then get you to impersonate it; then practise (E.D.I.P.).

I strongly suggest that you try to find a trad window cleaner who lives near you, who'd be willing to take you out for a few days.

Just prior to starting up, I phoned a local window cleaner and basically told him, 'I'll be you 'female dog' for a couple of days if you show me the ropes'.

He was more than happy for the free labour; though he was bright enough to realise that I shouldn't climb a ladder; although he did teach me ladder safety.

Ask here and offer your services for free.

If you don't have any luck, get your phone book out and start phoning up.

Most experienced window cleaners assume that 'new-starts' won't last long, as it's not a job for the faint-hearted or the weak-minded (although Squeaky has been going for 8 or 9 years now; so I could be wrong (just joking, mate ;D), so won't view you as competition and will be happy for the company and free labour.

Trevor Knight

Re: am back again
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:29:37 pm »
If you fill in your profile! with your location people may offer to help you with a day out?

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire