david68

what is this worth (Trolley)
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:28:30 pm »
I have came across this trolley on ebay.
As i am a novice window cleaner and using trad method of cleaning, I was wondering to buy WFP system.
My work is only residential houses and as a starter i thought this trolley would be ok to learn with.
Its is a second hand system but how much should i pay for it.
Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250011061427&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

Thanks Dave

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

jeff1

Re: what is this worth (Trolley)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:31:29 pm »
Looks like a Peter fogwell trolley £1,150 + vat
Try this link

http://www.window-tools.com

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 09:16:14 pm »
BUILD YOUR OWN , there is now way the guy is gonna let that go for less than £500 , i built this for £180

Rich   P @ F

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:49 pm »
Dave,

I have a similar trolley to the Peter Fogwill one.  Ian_Giles (a mod here) began WFP with one, and he thought it was great.

I personally don't think they're suitable if you're working from a car and still plan to take ladders out with you.

It's difficult to get in or out of the boot, when you've ladders on your vehicle, although you can put it on your rear seat; you won't want to after you've ran the wheels through dog poo.  Big and bulky too, but it does carry 50 or 60 litres of water depending on your barell size.

Don't groan, fellow forum members; but if you're just planning to go WFP, on a budget, and still work from a car; go for a Shurflo Back Pack.

I believe there's a number of companies selling 'everything you need' to start you off with a WFP, with the backpack (for around £500 (probably plus VAT and postage too).  I think Cleantech and Aquatech (Peter Fogwill) both do this service.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 09:36:57 pm »
Tosh , hi mate , just doing a bit of digging here , looking at getting a backpack , i hear shurflo now do a 15 L model , what sort of price are they ?

I cant find the model anywhere .

Rich   P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

craig jwc

david68

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:52:27 pm »
Hi all thanks for advise
The vechile i use is a Astra van and a friend knows this person who is selling this.
He said he can get it of him for £350 for me
Would this be worth it

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 09:57:12 pm »
Hi all thanks for advise
The vechile i use is a Astra van and a friend knows this person who is selling this.
He said he can get it of him for £350 for me
Would this be worth it

Dave

If you use an Astra Van, yes a 50 litre system would be suitable.

You could use it as both a van-mounted or a trolley system; depending on the job.

I haven't looked at the link, but I'd say; yes; it'd be worth it.

Does anything else come with it?  Poles, RO/DI, barells, etc.

ok cleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 10:03:53 pm »
i allways wandered what is good about trolley system does not make sence what can you clean with 25 lt of water absolutaly nothing  minimum you need is a few hundred lt    save your money and buy (invest) for something better.

david68

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:42:07 pm »
This is what for sale

Waterfed pole trolley system.

For sale is my trolley system consisting of trolley,RO purification unit,60ohm battery(lasts 3 days b4 needing a charge),60psi pump with flow controller,24ft unger pole with salmon brush(plus spare brush),hose cart that connects to trolley with hose,hand held tds meter and 10x25ltr water containers.Also included is a sack truck that enables you to transfer all parts from pull along trolley and put on sack truck(depending which trolley you prefer)

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

matt

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 10:42:55 pm »
i allways wandered what is good about trolley system does not make sence what can you clean with 25 lt of water absolutaly nothing  minimum you need is a few hundred lt    save your money and buy (invest) for something better.

you could have more than 1 barrel though

i use 100 - 150 L's a day, and have done for 2 years now, i only do upstairs though

25 / 30 L will do a few houses upstairs only

matt

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 10:45:25 pm »
This is what for sale

For sale is my trolley system consisting of trolley,RO purification unit,60ohm battery(lasts 3 days b4 needing a charge),60psi pump with flow controller,24ft unger pole with salmon brush(plus spare brush),hose cart that connects to trolley with hose,hand held tds meter and 10x25ltr water containers.Also included is a sack truck that enables you to transfer all parts from pull along trolley and put on sack truck(depending which trolley you prefer)

the RO/DI might be worn, and ready fro new filters / resin

http://d.co.uk

check out the DIY site, you will build a new system for 500 quid

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 10:48:35 pm »
This is what for sale

LOL... Matt....

David, it's well worth the price of £350.

Have a look at Matt's website, but £350 is a steal for well over a grands worth of kit there.

Regards,

Tosh.

matt

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 10:52:45 pm »
60ohm battery(lasts 3 days b4 needing a charge)

i have a issue with that statement, you would be better of recharging every night, as batteries dont last if you hammer them till empty

350 is a good price though

david68

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 10:56:59 pm »
Ok thanks i will see if the deal is possible.

Hope to collect tomorrow if all goes well

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 11:34:32 pm »
Yup that is defo one of Peter Fogwills Trolleys and R/o plus poles and another trolley.

I brought my set up from him brand new and used a trolley with 8 x 25barrels (two on the trolley at a time) for a year out of my estate car.

I still use the R/O, 60 psi pump pole and one of his autobrushes. However I now have a 125L tank in the car plus up to four x 25L barrels and a shurflo 20L backpack. (I don't carry the trolley tho! ;D)

I have a reel of 100m of microbore which I use for 95% of my round. (residential and commercial) The backpack is useful if I need to go thru a house and running a hose thru is impractical.

If you can get that system for £350 then good on you because the only other thing you need is 100m of microbore and a water tank.
It's a game of three halves!

david68

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 10:40:03 pm »
Hi all
Ok i have now brought the sytem
Thanks for all advise given

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com