Alistair@AWC

Solenoid Continuous Charger
« on: July 24, 2006, 05:57:56 pm »
Hi guys ive noticed a soleniod continuous charger on Wintecs website and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them cos ive been trying to get hold of someone at Wintecs all day but to no avail.

the description is:- Fed up of removing the battery to recharge?

This continuous charger keeps the juice flowing throughout the day ensuring bettery is fully charged and ready to go.

Im just interested in how it works????

Also ive just bought a 1000L IBC as my holding tank but the opening on top is only 140mm (5.5 inches for those of you stuck in the 70's, well at least that feathered hairdo's back in fashion  ;)  )  can anyone recommend a submersible pump that will fit cos it seems to be pushing it a bit for most subs and borehole pumps are damned expensive

Thanks Guys

ScrimShady

Re: Solenoid Continuous Charger
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:12:48 pm »
i have a split charge module fitted to my van which i bought from maplin its only £8.00.
i have never had to charge my battery since i fitted it.
well worth haveing one
ScrimShady

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:54:59 pm »
Hi ScrimShady,

So does that split the charge from the alternator between 2 batteries and if so would I be better off buying a standard car battery or a leisure battery

Thanks Alistair

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:57:20 pm »
A split charge relay detects which battery needs the charge, then diverts the power from the alternator to that battery.

A leisure battery is best as it will hold the charge for longer.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 09:38:52 pm »
Always buy a leisure battery, they are made to be drained and charged, unlike car battery's

I have heared maplins do the best split relay charger.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »
Whats the life on a lesuire battery? mine is going flat in the day and it has split relay so the alternator charges but is losing its charge? its 4 years old?

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:46:35 pm »
Whats the life on a lesuire battery? mine is going flat in the day and it has split relay so the alternator charges but is losing its charge? its 4 years old?
If its 4 years old then you have had your money's worth from it.
It also depends on the length inbetween your journeys, but at 4 years old and your only getting a day out of it, then I would put a new battery on your shopping list, before your left with half a day, then a couple of hours until its flat

paul mather

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 05:08:39 pm »
You mention the hole in your IBC Tank not being big enough to fit a submersible pump into.

The advice I was given  was to get a hacksaw blade & make four cuts at 90, 180, 270 & 360 degrees and then peel the plastic back & get the pump in that way. I found that it was a 2 man job, 1 to peel the plastic back & 1 to shove the pump into the tank.If you can attach your delivery hose to the pump prior to this with a jubilee clip as it can be awkward trying to do it whilst the pump is in the tank.

Oh & dont forget to get all  the plastic bits out of the tank.

Regards Paul
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

JM123

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 05:14:08 pm »
and don't take the tank out of the cage!!  hehehe  ;D ;D ;D

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 08:13:31 pm »
Cheers Paul,

I think Kirsty at Gardiners has sorted me out with a narrow enough sub pump, although if the pump fails its probably the best option.

Saying that we've all seen the state of your water tank, I really think your the last person on cleanitup to be giving water tank advice!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Alistair

paul mather

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 11:13:19 pm »
You're a cheeky so & so I ought to come over to G. Sankey & sort you out.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:59 pm »
He He,

You'd do well, I live in Callands  ;D

paul mather

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:07 pm »
Yeh that's the rough part of Sankey isn't it.

Over in Whittle Hall 2morrow just for one day, Barbondale Close.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire