captain lard

Pure water
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:18:15 pm »
Hello ,I am trad but have been reading the WFP stuff out of curiousity and suddenly wondered where do you lads get purified water from or what is involved?
I was reading the thread about using pure water to do it trad and then squeegee and was thinking of trying it just to see the result.

steve m

Re: Pure water
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:53:35 pm »
if you just want to try it for trad, see if you can get friendly with a wfp'er in your area otherwise you have to buy the filter equipment yourself. try ro-man.co.uk and have a look at their prices, or give em a ring

drew86

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:12:20 pm »
Try your local pet store if they sell aquarium fish ect. they usualy sell pure water for tank filling.
                     Drew.
It was this big.

Mike George

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:41:12 pm »
I've been thinking of trying it too, and it would only need a few litres for a test.

Would the de-ionised water used for batteries be good for this? If so I would speak to my local boatyard because they buy it in 25 litre cans.
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

steve m

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »
could do but I would try an aquarium first especially if they sell marine fish as they will have to filter their water the same as you do for wfp

Sarah Sarill

Re: Pure water New
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 07:23:56 pm »
Hello ,I am trad but have been reading the WFP stuff out of curiousity and suddenly wondered where do you lads get purified water from or what is involved?
I was reading the thread about using pure water to do it trad and then squeegee and was thinking of trying it just to see the result.

Before we bought our own system we purchased our water  from a local w/c who had his own system but were ripped off, paying £50 for 1000ltrs. The going ratefor this amountis about £20 so dont be overcharged.

I read somewhere that the un purfumed de-ionised Iron water (you buy from the supermarket ) does the same job but would not like to confirm it.

As stevem said RO Man sell small starter systems for  a good price and is worth checking out.

If you were close enough I'd let you have a jerry can full to try but hopefully some other nice kind individual from co.durham will offer  ;)

Sarah
Sarah

holland1945

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
Hi Mike

I've just received my Peter Fogwell kit, so as soon as I get it up and running, you can pop over to Coventry and use some of the pure water that I've produced.

Give me a call and we can sort it.

Mike George

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 08:29:00 pm »
Cheers Rik, I'll do that :)
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog