Sir Squeaky

Re: trad only!!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 12:51:32 pm »
The thread has nothing to do with wfp, you've only posted twice, and both are anti wfp you grumpy old ginger whinger!

All the guy wanted to know was how much you manage to do and how much you could earn..You could've given a bit of guidance in principle.

Now he reall thinks you are Victor Meldrew!  He'll be going round telling all his mates that Victor Meldrew really does post on CIU.  They won't believe him, but he'll tell them it must be him!  He's so totally negative before he starts ;D
You are a stirrer Pj!

I never mentioned wfp.
Someone else did.
They ganged up again.
I just replied..... ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 02:57:22 pm »
you can make £100 by lunch time.All depends on your prices.I see some bloke today doing some shop windows,and he took absolutely ages.A combination of speed and good pricing is essential.I live in the south by the way.
wildstyles

JohnL

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »
The last time this came up I queeried peoples figures and timings and got a right bashing from all including Sqeeky.

So the last time I did semi's I timed it  -  boring eh?  :)

Typical semi, upstairs windows - 12 ladder movements, ie place ladder, up, clean, down, move ladder, up, clean, down, move to next window etc, negotiate side gate, move patio table and chairs - yes they've all got them!, do downstairs windows including full patio doors - wiping sills and sides all the way = 3 houses in 2hrs 50 mins.

Its the ladder moving which kills the time and why I desperately need to get my backpack ( on a trolley )  moving so when I get WFP under my belt and gain the required experience those times should reduce considerably.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

JM123

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 06:35:41 pm »

Its the ladder moving which kills the time
JohnL

you think??  I used to use grade 1 triple extensions - weighed 37kgs!!!

Me.....I'm 'ard' I am.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »
Typical semi, upstairs windows - 12 ladder movements,

JohnL

John,

They've got big semis where you live.  I'd say a typical semi was five ladder climbs.  Two front, two rear and one on the gable end.

Twelve climbs for one house is a large property. 

Of course I've got some that would require more; but generally; I'd say five climbs equals your average semi.

JohnL

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
yes, and I think thats why we keep getting adverse comments on threads because each area is different all over the country

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Richy L

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 07:49:35 pm »
your right ian, i dont earn that much money every hour of the day.
I meant when i am working solid pretty much house after house i can earn that much.
but then some areas are better than others too! Sometimes i earn jus £20 an hour! - customers my dad gave me, the type that dont like putting the prices up! Soon ill give them no choice!
But like you said, come the end of the week, im not taking in £900!