ronaldo

HOW MUCH?????????
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:16:25 pm »
What is the best way to price this?  Per window or the whole job?  The windows are same both ends and there are no windows at the back of the building?
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Clear Vision

Re: HOW MUCH?????????
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:31:31 pm »
Just toss a few numbers in the air & add them when the drop. Then add a zero to the end ;D ;D

On a serious note if you think you could rattle that one off in 6 hours just charge your hourly rate + 20% (if you get it wrong)

£40 per hour?

C V

matt

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:10:38 pm »
its got to be under a days work

so think of what you want to earn in a day, then go for that

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:15:24 pm »
Ronaldo

Some folk are going to tell me to turn off the tape, but now everyone knows this job is up for grabs. I'm in Edinburgh and from a fairly simple google of the building name and your county from your profile I can tell you the street and postcode for this building - and some of the different firms who occupy it too!

Edit your post to take out the photos, Photoshop them to get the building name off and then put the pictures back - it's late, no-one will ever notice

Just because you speak to a lot of friendly folk on here doesn't mean to say there are no lurkers who'd be delighted to know they're looking for a window cleaner.

"Be careful out there" :-*
Sergeant Phil Esterhaus - Hill Street Blues
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:27:01 pm »
Good advice waviedavie

KJG

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 11:50:03 pm »
That's a lot of glass, £600 minimum. It must have been done via cherry picker before wfp was common, so they're probably used to shelling out!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 06:14:03 am »
Hmmm,

My thoughts are this

2 guys - 2 Hours - £200 - Job Done

Remember guy's, commercial work is very cut throat and not as rewarding as some people think. The bonus of this job is its guarenteed no matter what the weather.

Good luck

Trev

p.s good advice about names and locations. You can never be too careful who is looking over your shoulder!.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

gary evans

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:29:37 am »
Hi All

£250.00 EXTERNAL & £200 INTERNAL

gARY

williamx

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:37:48 am »
Hmmm,

My thoughts are this

2 guys - 2 Hours - £200 - Job Done

Remember guy's, commercial work is very cut throat and not as rewarding as some people think. The bonus of this job is its guarenteed no matter what the weather.

Good luck

Trev

I think it will take more than 2 hours to clean even with 2 people, the main problem, you will have is the cars that are parked close to the building which will stop you getting the right angle for your poles, also you will snag you hose under the wheels of many of them.

The next is the flow of people coming and going into the building, for safety standards you will need to cordon off the entrance so they can only entry and exit the entrance away from your hoses and workers.

Because of these conditions you will need to reflect this in you quote.

I would quote £400

Trevor Knight

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:54:10 am »
This would be done at about 7.30am so cars etc... would not be a problem.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

daniel b

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 04:25:28 pm »
we would charge around £400 i think it would take a little longer than 2hr,i would say around a mornins work there for 2, 8till12.

Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 04:52:23 pm »
There is a lot of glass there i would charge them about £250 for the outsides only.

Paul