Morph

under the weather
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:07:44 pm »
I worked Monday to Thursday last week.
8 am. - 5 pm. every day.  Wednesday temps were in middle 30s with high humidity.
Friday I set off about 8.30 am, headed back home about 10 am feeling seriously fatigued.
Since friday night I feel like I've got chest infection/flu type symptoms.  Drunk loads of water, but still feel yeuch!  Don't think I'll be out tomorrow.
Heard of another w/c nearby got heat stroke during the week!  Not funny, Doc says it can be fatal sometimes, take it seriously.  He has to rest up for 3 days and drink salted water every hour.

If you want to be a he-man...good for you,  the graves are full of he-men!

scrimit2

Re: under the weather
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:06:24 pm »
yeah! Im so tired too, the heat really takes away your energy, especially when its been hot for a while, Im starting early and finishing early

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 04:12:43 pm »
I agree, the heat does take it out of you. I still think that the sun was at least partly to blame for my recent fall of my ladder. I had to work mon - fri starting at 8a.m each morning and finishing at 5pm each day!! well...I say fri but that was the day I fell off the ladder and had to go hospital :( and that happned at the first house we cleaned!!
when I'm cleaning windows

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 04:15:06 pm »
Best thing to do is go out about 7am untill 11am then come home for a rest then go back out about 4pm till 7ish?

Worked for me!

Clear Vision

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 04:16:28 pm »
I worked Monday to Thursday last week.
8 am. - 5 pm. every day.  Wednesday temps were in middle 30s with high humidity.
Friday I set off about 8.30 am, headed back home about 10 am feeling seriously fatigued.
Since friday night I feel like I've got chest infection/flu type symptoms.  Drunk loads of water, but still feel yeuch!  Don't think I'll be out tomorrow.
Heard of another w/c nearby got heat stroke during the week!  Not funny, Doc says it can be fatal sometimes, take it seriously.  He has to rest up for 3 days and drink salted water every hour.

If you want to be a he-man...good for you,  the graves are full of he-men!

Take care.  Blood is thicker in hot weather increasing the risks of clots and, as you say, heatstroke.  Makes me wonder if half an aspirin each morning might help in seriously hot weather.

steve m

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:46:13 pm »
I was going out at eight, coming home at twelve and going back out at half three, still hot but managed to cope

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 06:59:52 pm »
I've been wearing one of these type hats and sun glasses
Not Perfect - But Honest

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 07:01:12 pm »
Hat Picture?????????????????????
Not Perfect - But Honest

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 07:02:19 pm »
Try again????????????????????
Not Perfect - But Honest

JM123

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 07:38:47 pm »
has your head not been really hot wearing a hat?  I would like something to cover my head and neck, they look good.  Where you get them?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

scrimit2

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 09:06:04 pm »
has your head not been really hot wearing a hat?  I would like something to cover my head and neck, they look good.  Where you get them?

I started wearing a hat, its an army heat resistant one, you can get them at army surplace retailers, it cools you down so much.

matt

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 09:40:16 pm »
i did a 2 day week last week, it was my daughters sports day (i think i said in a diff post)

this week im doing a 3 day week aswell, its my brother graduation and im going (its only his 3rd time though)

davidpitts

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 11:04:12 pm »
I wear a bush hat so it keeps the sun off your face, ears and neck then when it starts to get seriously hot I soak it in cold water under custumers outside tap and keep doing this till I' ve finished   ;D

Mike George

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 05:51:43 pm »
I got a cricket hat at the weekend and I wore it today - it kept the sun off OK but it did make my head hot and sweaty. I didn't think of making it wet but I'll try that tomorrow.
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 11:10:57 pm »
I only wear my hat in the direct sun on my back and take it of in the shade to let my head Breath!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 01:01:05 am »
One thing I've found to cool down that is magic is to pour some water over your head.

Today I done that every 15 minutes and it really helps.

s.hughes

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 09:34:35 am »
Wear a hat with holes in it, not massive holes of course but you can buy the baseball caps that are like a mesh effect. These are known to be the best as it keeps the sun of your head not inside the cap. That way your head can breath and you dont get so hot.

Steve

pt

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 09:28:08 pm »
Hi All,

Wide brim straw hat. Debenhams. Perfect ;D

Paul.

sunshine windows

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 04:45:59 pm »
Bought a cricket hat for £5.95 at TK Max. Wore it all last week then put it in the wash. Wore it Monday this week and by midday i had a stonking headache. The bloody thing had shrunk in the wash so i'll have to buy a larger one this weekend.  :'(

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk