paul mather

IBC Tank
« on: July 22, 2006, 02:46:39 pm »
took wire cage off tank to get in van & now the blummin thing is buckling under its own weight any suggestions
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

jeff1

Re: IBC Tank
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 02:54:02 pm »
Paul ,what did you think the cage was for?

You could tie ratchet straps around it. (not wise)
 but the thing I was thinking of, is how are you going to fix it into your van now? don't get yourself crushed by a 1000lts of water.

Lee.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 02:56:25 pm »
You would not believe how much money I have wasted trying to use an IBC tank in the van. All though the tank is cheap, it has to be baffled, then you have to get a decent outlet that will take a standard hose. I ended wasting money then buying a proper tank for the job.

a good place to buy a tank is www.betowstore.com if you are interested 400l reinforced and baffled for £144 + vat but free delivery.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 02:57:18 pm »
cant you put the cage back on it?

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:03:04 pm »
Sorry I have misled you. I took the cage off the tank to get it in the van WHEN I PICKED IT UP. This tank is not for my van it is  to run my RO into it, in the garage.

I have a small Suzuki van & the only way I could get it home was undoing the two top bolts & dropping the tank out the bottom. It was holding its shape until it reached over 500 litres. Do you think it will get any worse if I make sure it doesn't go above that level?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 03:16:27 pm »
Do you still have the cage and want to fit the tank back in it?

Empty the water out and then direct a high powered hairdryer on HOT and fast into the tank. Eventually it'll get soft-ish, so screw the lid back on to keep the heat in for longer, and then you can squeeze it back into the frame.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

paul mather

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:24:29 pm »
No sadly I don't still have cage, it was left at the company I picked it up from about 60 miles away!!!

I think my only answer is to to try & get another IBC locally & figure out how to get it back, cage & all.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Chris A

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 04:13:49 pm »
From that picture you are lucky to be alive :o I've never seen a more dangerous set up than that, electricity and water do not mix well together. sort it out before you have a serious accident.

paul mather

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 04:41:31 pm »
Chris A

This has happened over night as the water filled the tank. Previously it had never contained more than 400 litres & it was happily holding it's shape.

The factory I picked it up from said the cage was only to tie it to a pallet to allow a fork lift pick it up. like a fool I believed them.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

ronaldo

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 07:41:02 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

matt

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 08:39:02 pm »
as its going in the garage

i would try this

empty the IBC

put it int he corner of the garage so its against 2 walls

get a ratchet strap and put the strap around the middle of the IBC where its buckled out, heat up the tank as WavieDavie said then ratchet the strap up to pull it into place intill your happy on where it should be

this will in theory hold the middle together

as most places sell ratchet straps in packs og TWO, use the other a bit hight up, this will stop future movement

it might work and you only need to buy a pack ot straps to try, which are allways handy to have if it doesnt work

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 09:14:58 pm »
Paul good for you going diy I would rather get a few a few things wrong and pay half the price than pay out loads and still have some problems, but then each to there own and most know there own capabilitys, cant you knock together a wooden cage that would help to support it?
Sussex by the sea

matt

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 09:19:22 pm »
just thought of another solution

get it into shape as i said above

then build a brezze block pier on 1 side, it would have to be "edge on" and a few blocks deep to take the pressure, you would have somewhere to mount your RO and stuff then aswell

paul mather

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 11:03:44 pm »
Thanks Matt,

You seem to have given my predicament a lot of thought. Think I will try the ratchet strap idea, but not sure I'm quite upto building supporting walls.

If all else fails there's a guy on ebay that will sell me & deliver one for £70.00
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 08:23:37 am »
Chris A,

I have modifyed your postings as it is not appropriate to swear on here. Please refrain from using this type of language on this forum.

You advice and help is appreciated and can be delivered in a more appropriate manor.

Many thanks,

Trevor

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 12:04:36 pm »
Hi Paul,

I'm also based in Warrington and I was going to tell you about Rick of James Pugh in Macclesfield who would sell and deliver one (complete) with cage for £70 but I guess you already know, do yourself a favour and just fork out for one it'll be worth it in the long run, at least you'll be able to strap your RO unit to the cage and make it all look a little tidier.

What area do you clean?

Good Luck Alistair

paul mather

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 12:49:14 pm »
Alistair,
Yeh I think you are right. I suppose after the £1100 I've just spent I've got a bit tight. Think I will manage for this week & then give him a call. I live in Woolston & do a bit here, there & everywhere. A few days in Lymm, about a week in Appleton Thorn, a few days in Birchwood & a day in Woolston.
As for my commercial work it is again fairly well spread. I clean the Premier Travel Inn just off the M6 viaduct infact I'm there today, just nipped home for a spot of lunch. If you are ever passing pop into the car park & we'll have a chinwag,

Regards Paul
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 02:58:01 pm »
Paul,

I know what you mean about getting a bit tight, im still putting together my WFP, im just taking a break to order a few bits that id forgot id need and im searching around trying to get it all in 1 place so to save on postage (stupid really), its all those little clips and reducers that you forget about. I should be up and running beginning of next week, Im based over In Westbrook and Great Sankey so at least we wont be stepping on each others toes. Hopefully we'll bump into other soon and we can get anorakey about our set-up.

Its a shame really cos if we'd have spoken last week I drove down to Macclesfield last Thursday to pick up my tank, and could have squeezed another one on there

Trevor Knight

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 03:00:04 pm »
Hi Alastair,

Welcome to the Forum.

Don't know if you have tried these out but Gardiners have a good selection of connectors etc... they are also very helpful.

www.gardinerpolesystems.com

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 03:05:25 pm »
Cheers Trevor,

Yeah im trying to get hold of Kirsty but upto now im not having much luck, so ive emailed her and im waiting for her to get back.

Ive got most of my stuff from Gardiners and Wintecs but theres always the odd little bit that you forget