Mike George

What size squeegee do you prefer?
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:12:35 am »
I've been using a 12" squeegee since I started, just because that's what B&Q had in stock at the time, but I got 6", 10" and 16" ones this week to experiment with.

I'm finding the 10" one is best for most of my windows - obviously it needs more passes but it's easier and faster to handle on the smaller windows, narrow bay windows, glazed door panels, etc.

What's your preferred size?
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

Morph

Re: What size squeegee do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:24:21 am »
16", 12", 10", 6", 4".

Use them all.  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 08:43:48 am »
Now I am WFP but I still take out a 10" squeegee and find it works a treat. I also have a 4" titchy for side windows etc

Tim Morton

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 09:05:40 am »
I learnt on an 18", and I also now have a 24", great for shops. I'm 2/3rds wfp now, but even prior to wfp I used the 18" most of the time. Any panes smaller than 18" would just get scrimmed.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 09:12:49 am »
I have a selection of sizes, a couple of little ones which I sometimes use for georgians when my arms ache and I cant be arsed to polish them :) one of which was cut to size for me.Got a couple of 10" and an 18"
I prefer the 18" out of all of them(for the right size window) I find it the easiest to use and obviously the quickest for the larger window.
when I'm cleaning windows

ronaldo

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 10:08:43 am »
Even though i,m wfp the squeegee is always on the belt as some windows still need to be bladed as the water doesnt work on them all as you,ll all no, but i prefer a 10 inch one {god that sounds terrible doesnt it  :o :o :o :o }
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 07:41:16 am »
Even though i,m wfp the squeegee is always on the belt as some windows still need to be bladed as the water doesnt work on them all as you,ll all no, but i prefer a 10 inch one {god that sounds terrible doesnt it  :o :o :o :o }
it does sound terrible "big boy" lol
when I'm cleaning windows