Cleaner Windows

Re: little accident at work
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 11:11:13 pm »
get well soon mate and all the best ,and a lesson learened is a lesson shared  you wont fall again ,did you see the kids on the way down ,its a terrible experience bud but you will be on your toes from now on ,,,,,,and your employee will know the script aswell,,speedy recovery mate
the davis ......
thanks mate and yeah your right about all you said ;)

and im just lucky my employee wasnt under the ladder at the time...scary thought :(
when I'm cleaning windows

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 11:36:16 pm »
Hope you recover quickly Dennis.

I am honestly not using this for publicity for WFP but there is hardly a day goes by now where I dont get a call from someone who has had what can only be called a lucky escape like yours. As you so freely admit it wasnt the ladder's fault as is always the case. Unfortunately though we are all human and this is where the danger can come from.

I shudder to think of the "slips" that have happened to me in the past when I read something like this.

We went over to WFP for safety only.. no other reason. I hope that you can do the same soon mate.

NO window is worth risking your life for.. thats my motto now.

All the very best

Andrew

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 11:42:47 pm »
Hope you recover quickly Dennis.

I am honestly not using this for publicity for WFP but there is hardly a day goes by now where I dont get a call from someone who has had what can only be called a lucky escape like yours. As you so freely admit it wasnt the ladder's fault as is always the case. Unfortunately though we are all human and this is where the danger can come from.

I shudder to think of the "slips" that have happened to me in the past when I read something like this.

We went over to WFP for safety only.. no other reason. I hope that you can do the same soon mate.

NO window is worth risking your life for.. thats my motto now.

All the very best

Andrew

thanks andrew and I will go for WFP asap, trust me!

paul mather

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 11:43:25 pm »
As I have said a few times on this forum I have only just started WFPing so all this talk of earning extra money doesn't apply to me yet. I'm scrubbing away on those frames to make sure I do a good job first.
 I am confident given time I will get quicker & earn more money, but I know one thing. If in 6 months I am still earning the same as I did before I went over to WFP I am still glad I did it & I still think it's £1100 well spent. I like my bones in one piece & hopefully my index finger(scrimming finger) will stop looking deformed.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 06:01:22 am »
I am awake already and its only 6a.m my right foot is in agaony, and not sure if I believe the hospital about it not being broken!! my fractured toe doent seem to hurt much at all this morning so it seems a bit odd to me that it would feel like this. ::)

gary evans

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 07:13:53 am »
Dennis

Sorry to hear about your fall, been there done that, rain on slippy floor, knee & wrist damaged but not to bad.

Tosh asked about feet, you described yellow ones, i,d say that they were the factory fitted, thats the ones most have had accidents on.

He means proper safety feet these cost about £25.00 a pair & your ladder should never move.  I have fitted them to all A ladders aswell, as a precaution.

Also a lot of window cleaners are using extending poles, try them on awkward windows, you can reach 3 storey no problem, same again only a small investment & your safe, but, look to poles for the future, but invest in the present before you have another accident.

Gary

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 09:15:11 am »
Dennis

Sorry to hear about your fall, been there done that, rain on slippy floor, knee & wrist damaged but not to bad.

Tosh asked about feet, you described yellow ones, i,d say that they were the factory fitted, thats the ones most have had accidents on.

He means proper safety feet these cost about £25.00 a pair & your ladder should never move.  I have fitted them to all A ladders aswell, as a precaution.

Also a lot of window cleaners are using extending poles, try them on awkward windows, you can reach 3 storey no problem, same again only a small investment & your safe, but, look to poles for the future, but invest in the present before you have another accident.

Gary
wise advice gary, thanks :) I have been thinking about an extendable pole..there quite cheap I believe?