Alex Gardiner

Re: Best hose reel?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 10:34:23 am »
Hi Billozz,

your problem is most puzzling, we have never had this ourselves ever!

I can't think why it is doing this!

Hundreds of WC are using this hose and reels and don't have this problem!

I'm stumped :(  ( I will keep thinking on it I promise)

I think in your situation a switch to metal reel , even if it is heavier, may be the only solution.

EasyClean

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 05:53:52 am »
Just a suggestion; I have repaced all the hose from my tank leading up to the hosereel in my van with 'Poly Plumb' (plumbers fittings) for 3 reasons; 1. I use a thermo-WFP system so I can insulate my pipes with proper pipe foam insulation as it retains the heat and has more flex in winter when things ice up and split. 2. The water flow is greater so you can reduce the pressure and allieviate some of the problems like connectors coming off or apart because of the build up in pressure from the pump. (It's like a bicycle chain, it's only as strong as the weakest link). 3. It's maintenance free, fit it and forget it!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

macc

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 12:10:39 am »
hi mate can you put a pic of the ones you use ?

shawn

Hi Shawn. Sorry for delay. Done a new post with picture called microbore connections.

Macc

billozz

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 08:14:33 pm »
shawn,
yes we have exactly the same problem with the connectors popping off the reels as soon as you move the hose, we have even been to hoselock and bought new ones and still the same problem so andrews suggestion of age isnt correct.

macc,
would be interested to look at the air connectors you use is there a website i could look at......do they supply the size to connec tonto the hose reel as that is the one shawn and ia would need to solve our problem
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 08:39:36 pm »
yeah its annoying as i am same 100m from the van and this happens ... you got to get down from where ever you are then by the time you get there its wasted 30-40 ltrs ... right pain

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 09:08:38 pm »
It may well be that the male connector on the side of the hose reel has worn, these do need renewing every so often.

If you cannot get them elsewhere, I think that we have some in stock.

Alex

macc

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 09:43:11 pm »
yeah its annoying as i am same 100m from the van and this happens ... you got to get down from where ever you are then by the time you get there its wasted 30-40 ltrs ... right pain

shawn

Did you see pics Shawn, have not had 1 pop off yet with these.  ;D