jeff1

Re: VERY IMORTANT ,,, PLEASE READ
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 05:58:39 pm »
only know that much from a Dr,  who's house I do and the subject came up.
Is that true Jeff?
You do Doctor Who's house?
Cool.

Bet the inside are a lot more work than the outside. ;D

Trust you Squeaky  ;D ;D have you been on the beer, ::) Ps I'll give you a clue, look for the commer, its one of these,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 06:04:12 pm »
 ;D

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 06:07:26 pm »
 ;D ;D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 09:44:30 pm »
Just made this sticky for a while as the information is useful.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 10:00:54 pm »
Thanks Trev.

matt

Re: Information about legionella
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 07:28:17 pm »
water stored in a 200 L rain water butt doesnt even get warm, mine had condensation on it today

my 25 L barrels normally have condensation in the car

a concearn would be the water left in the pipes of out systems, this could easily rise above 20% for a few days (the weekend for example)

freshwater

Re: Information about legionella
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 12:10:56 am »
Clean everything with chlorine 4-6ppm should kill everything. If your tanks are opaque and are exposed to sunlight bacteria will grow more quickly. Fit a uv on your storage tanks with a small recirculating pump taking the water from end to end or bottom to top. UV at the correct wave lenght destroys the DNA & RNA of living organisims. Dont buy a cheap aquatic UV and what ever you buy run it at the correct flow rate. Generally legionella is dispersed into the atmosphere in water vapour or fine sprays such as cooling towers (where is was first found) & big jacuzzi type spas. The WFP users main point of concern should be directed to minimising the water used at the brush head to prevent droplets being dispersed into the atmosphere.

If you keep it all clean you should have no problems.

Take a look at our small Aquapro UV1 at http://www.freshwatersystems.co.uk/domestic_uv_system.htm it costs £150 and run at 3.8 l/p/m wich will turn over a 1000 litre tank every 4.5 hours.