C-Thru

40 40 membrane
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:02 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to flush my menbrane out .The tds is about 24 coming out. ??? ???

JM123

Re: 40 40 membrane
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:04 pm »
there should be a flush valve on the waste outlet, open this and allow the ro to run for 30mins, close the valve once this is done.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

abacus

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:32:28 pm »
Hi
if you have water in you tank connect the hose that you would connect to your pole to your inlet turn on the pump open the drain valve the pure water helps clean out any impurities a treat.

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

freshwater

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:45:40 pm »
You should have some sort of valve that restricts the flow to drain, open this valve wide to allow a full flow of water to drain, but the chances are your membrane is on the way out. Membranes tend to foul on their surfaces wich normally reduces their output but does not increase the TDS by much. Other problems may be "have you chance your carbon pre-filter" chlorine destroys membranes, carbon removes chlorines, change your filters regularly they are cheaper that membranes. If you have de-min check its not exhausted, test the tds berfore the de-min ie on the outlet of the membrane and then test the tds after the de-min.