simon w

Re: Anyone else getting their diesel water heaters serviced this winter??
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »
Bargain!

Was the £200.00 labour only or labour and service pack?

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 06:18:50 pm »
Labour and a gasket. Guy who serviced it said it’s a forty five minute job to strip, clean and do a diagnostic check. The heater is four years old and probably only run for ten to twenty hours in total (it’s in my boat). The hire boats (narrowboats) get theirs serviced up to three times a year but they are running on red diesel.
I think a service kit which includes gaskets and glow pin is around £200 😳

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 06:31:49 pm »
I have heard that some BMW’s have them too and can be bought for £50 from a scrapper, not checked myself but there is a big scrapyard up the road from me 🙂

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 07:06:10 pm »
Mine has just been finished now. Had the collant changed, a new in line fuel filter and the webasto service pack. Inluding the labour it was a little over £600.00. I'm tending to get mine serviced every other winter seems expensive to most but if it keeps us working during the coldest days of winter when cold water won't run then it's money well spent in my eyes anyway.

each to their own.....but im not going to bother with mine as it still works as good as the day i had it installed....
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 07:17:22 pm »
Mine has just been finished now. Had the collant changed, a new in line fuel filter and the webasto service pack. Inluding the labour it was a little over £600.00. I'm tending to get mine serviced every other winter seems expensive to most but if it keeps us working during the coldest days of winter when cold water won't run then it's money well spent in my eyes anyway.

each to their own.....but im not going to bother with mine as it still works as good as the day i had it installed....

If I was a sole trader I wouldn't worry about it so much either Daz but employing I need to know they can work regardless how cold it gets so keeping my work equipment in good working order is a priority for me. Sods law a water heater is going to cause problems mid winter in freezing weather rather than mid summer when it's not essential.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 07:29:29 pm »
I think I may start reading the manual on the pro 90 lol,the thing is with the new heater I have everything is very busy and rammed into that cabinet easy to take apart not so easy to put back together again.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »
I think I may start reading the manual on the pro 90 lol,the thing is with the new heater I have everything is very busy and rammed into that cabinet easy to take apart not so easy to put back together again.

if its running fine why bother mate?yours is only  a year old,mines 2 years old and its still exactly the same
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 07:57:16 pm »
Once they start going wrong though m8 fuel pumps easy enough to change so are the plate exchangers but it’s busy in there,lots to take out before you can change a simple thing like that.