Steve Newres

Pure Freedom reels
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:54:19 pm »
Anyone know if it’s possible to send them back to get a new hose fitted? I’ve got two that need doing and I am rounding screw heads, breaking plastic fittings and getting frustrated.

Spruce

Re: Pure Freedom reels
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:24:14 pm »
Anyone know if it’s possible to send them back to get a new hose fitted? I’ve got two that need doing and I am rounding screw heads, breaking plastic fittings and getting frustrated.

Why not pull the full hose off the reel, undo the hose clamp holding the hose to the barb that fits into the manifold and rewind the new hose on in reverse order?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steve Newres

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:38:37 pm »

Why not pull the full hose off the reel, undo the hose clamp holding the hose to the barb that fits into the manifold and rewind the new hose on in reverse order?
The issue is getting the old hose off. In doing so I snapped a plastic elbow which means the whole thing's got to come apart. To be honest I'd rather just pay someone than faff about.

LBWCS

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:51:01 pm »
I know what you mean. They are unlike other reels and particularly hard to get to the fittings to change them. I’ve sold mine and got the double stack with hose guides. Great bit of kit

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 05:07:41 pm »
I had a leak on mine last month and I didn’t have a clue how to do it , luckily my neighbour is a bit of a handy man and took it apart for me and sorted it

Steve Newres

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »
It's annoying because it was just an o clip leaking but it's a single ear one and I couldn't tighten it any further. With hindsight I probably could have added a jubilee clip and sorted it, but the hose is old anyway and probably down to 75 metres.

andyM

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 05:33:41 pm »
It's annoying because it was just an o clip leaking but it's a single ear one and I couldn't tighten it any further. With hindsight I probably could have added a jubilee clip and sorted it, but the hose is old anyway and probably down to 75 metres.

Just buy a new one and stick the old one on ebay.
Someone will buy it if you are prepared to post it.
One of the Plebs

Steve Newres

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 06:01:39 pm »

Just buy a new one and stick the old one on ebay.
Someone will buy it if you are prepared to post it.
I’m banned from selling on eBay. Long story but essentially as margins I was selling were eroded I drop shipped a portion from the US rather than holding stock and delivery times were slaughtered in feedback despite advice on delivery times being given. I still could via wife’s account but I can’t be arrised. I’m hoping PF will collect, service and return. 

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 06:23:57 pm »
use two jubile clips and not the cheap crap ones job sorted ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 07:01:25 pm »
Easy job, even without correct specific tools.
Cut the hose off, at the end of the barb. Using pliers the O clip will just angle off and then re thread hose and a couple of new O clips or jubilee clips on and jobs a good en. Wind back in or even easier with an electric reel.

Had to do this whilst out at work, when i first started with hot water. All the fastenings needed tightening but i didnt realise that till i sprung some leaks. But it was done n dusted un about 15 or 20 mins.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Steve Newres

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:40 pm »
Cut the hose off, at the end of the barb. Using pliers the O clip will just angle off and then re thread hose and a couple of new O clips or jubilee clips on and jobs a good en. Wind back in or even easier with an electric reel.

Had to do this whilst out at work, when i first started with hot water. All the fastenings needed tightening but i didnt realise that till i sprung some leaks. But it was done n dusted un about 15 or 20 mins.
Was this with a Pure Freedom reel?

Michael Peterson

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »
how exactly do you et o clips off I always have troble and have use my mighty strength

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 08:01:35 pm »
how exactly do you et o clips off I always have troble and have use my mighty strength

Them pliers that you use to put them on - use them to cut it off  :D

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 08:23:49 pm »

Yep,   one of these ones
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »
I use crimps thet don't cut them off ill get plyers :-)

Steve Newres

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 09:08:21 pm »

Yep,   one of these ones

Ok. You know then that on the end there’s a plastic elbow joint that connects to a second piece of hose about 3cms long. It’s about 5 years old and perhaps the elbow joint had become brittle as it snapped. So now the whole thing has to come apart.

Steve Newres

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 09:10:20 pm »
I don’t want to risk it on another reel as that would leave us with a van off the road on Monday.

jk999

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 09:56:06 pm »
Where you based 8 weekly

Steve Newres

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 01:29:08 am »

jk999

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:57 pm »
It might cost a fortune to send of and get it back don't you know anyone that's quite handy who can help you