Marc Stock

Current Progress push to 80K
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:40:46 pm »
Ok Chaps

So here is an update on new custom, its a bit on the low side but weather has played a major factor in this so far.

Jan 9 new customers:  £1390.00 P/A

Total £48,767.00

Stoots

Re: Current Progress push to 80K
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:13:44 pm »
Well done.

Be interesting to see what you add in Feb

Ive added about 40 new customers this month, lost a few though, so maybe up about 30 or so in reality.. i think im up about 4k P.A from new year.

Im almost up to my neck now about 360 customers, so wont be pushing for more in Feb i dont think at least until ive got employee settled in as two weeks behind at the mo and cant keep up when adding new cleans.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:14:39 pm »
40 customers?

Well done you! That is flipping awesome

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:43 pm »
Ok Chaps

So here is an update on new custom, its a bit on the low side but weather has played a major factor in this so far.

Total £48,767.00

so this push of yours to hit 80k a year wont be doable working on your own marc so how much profit do you think youll be left with after ALL expenses,taxes,insurances,wages etc.etc have been taken off per year?(dont forget to take 6 weeks off a year for holidays /sick days/bad weather etc)
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
Ok Chaps

Total £48,767.00

I presume this is potential earnings as opposed to what you will actually piece together?

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:54:35 am »
unless your profit margin is around 45k a year i dont see the point in it.all that extra hassle,work and employing.

i can be left with 30k-35k profit a year working on my own and thats working virtually part time hours....

Mick Kent

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:12:44 am »
Wouldnt you like to earn that eithout working though Daz?

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:25 am »
unless your profit margin is around 45k a year i dont see the point in it.all that extra hassle,work and employing.

i can be left with 30k-35k profit a year working on my own and thats working virtually part time hours....

Yeh but what if you could earn the same not working at all or working 2 days a week say.

That's the point

Marc Stock

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 09:51:26 am »
Listen guys. Im not getting into a drawn out debate with you over detailed financials at this point. My intention is to grow my business so i can employ someone. So i am doing it, you know..
putting it into action.

You will all have the opportunity to see my financials when i submit my accounts to companies house.

I was asked to provide updates on my progression which is what i am doing.

Mick Kent

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 10:21:02 am »
An update of 9 customers??.. why not do a half way stage then a finished campaign stage??
Every 9 customer update is a little long winded.
Just go out and canvas 3 eves a week 6-8pm hitting semis and terrace. Gain 5 £10 front or 5 £20 f+b  customers a night and you will soon hit your target.

tlwcs

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 12:56:07 pm »
An update of 9 customers??.. why not do a half way stage then a finished campaign stage??
Every 9 customer update is a little long winded.
Just go out and canvas 3 eves a week 6-8pm hitting semis and terrace. Gain 5 £10 front or 5 £20 f+b  customers a night and you will soon hit your target.

No, an update of his first month. I'm interested. Thanks Marc

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 02:59:19 pm »
Wouldnt you like to earn that eithout working though Daz?

no id rather be working than sat on my arse mick...i like being on the tools...besides employing always brings unwanted hassle/headaches.....so no thanks....

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 03:00:20 pm »

Yeh but what if you could earn the same not working at all or working 2 days a week say.

That's the point

nope...again id rather do the work myself adam....

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 03:21:09 pm »
I think a monthly update is a good thing, I'm looking to increase my window cleaning turnover but I've not set targets (maybe 15k) so keen to see how I'll fair.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 03:30:07 pm »
Alright Mark. Well done mate. Are you canvassing or leaflets out of interest?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 03:30:16 pm »
My goals are to work less. Each year I work towards doing less for similar or more money than the previous year!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 03:40:08 pm »
what you need is to find an employee like dazmond  ;D

Plankton

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 03:44:03 pm »
what you need is to find an employee like dazmond  ;D
He'd cost you a fortune on equipment!

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
Alright Mark. Well done mate. Are you canvassing or leaflets out of interest?

Nope not canvassed yet. These are the old properties i used to clean, but the customer sold/moved away. I sent a letter to them detailing i used to clean for mrs xxxx (it was on a mail merge) and the price was xxx and if they wanted to go back on the round to call me. Its been very successful some of them i havent been back to for over 6 years. I have 20 left to do from the original batch.  Its funny i did 2 new cleans today, one of the new customers said she had been through 4 different window cleaning companies all have clambered for her business, all on check a trade etc and every one of those messed her about eventually . So there is a lot of people starting up window cleaning but frankly haven't got a clue how to treat their customers or do a decent job.

Leaflets wise, they are ready printed for a big canvassing push hopefully this Sunday morning.  And i have received 2 new enquirers from the website just now.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 04:23:50 pm »

That's the point

nope...again id rather do the work myself adam....

:o     I enjoy working, you need an element of work, just not 5 days a week cleaning glass till i die.......if i can help it.
I dont have any ambitions of being a millionaire, just to have a better work/life balance.

Afterglow Window Cleaners

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 04:50:02 pm »
one of the new customers said she had been through 4 different window cleaning companies all have clambered for her business, all on check a trade etc and every one of those messed her about eventually .

When my new customers say stuff like that I start to wonder if its the cleaners that messed the customer about or vice versa, usually its the customer in my experience

p1w1

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 04:54:00 pm »
one of the new customers said she had been through 4 different window cleaning companies all have clambered for her business, all on check a trade etc and every one of those messed her about eventually .

When my new customers say stuff like that I start to wonder if its the cleaners that messed the customer about or vice versa, usually its the customer in my experience
i agree

Steve Newres

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 05:19:31 pm »

Totally. I'm amazed an experienced window cleaner would think anything else.

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 06:06:23 pm »
Well whats really funny was after i had been to originally requote for the work, he turned up 2 days after asking her if she wanted to have them cleaned. She had been asking him to come back on several occasions but he was making promises to go back but not doing so. She told him where to go and even told him she was using someone who actually can be bothered to turn up and do the job when its arranged...me.

Its not always the customer fault guys, true i agree that you have to have your wits about you but what i have found is that its generally the window cleaner who had a bee in his bonnett about something which is why the business relationship fails. And of course there is always the possibilty that she will be a nightmare payer. But thats ok i have debit and credit card payments and direct debits so thats all covered so i can insist on those if it becomes an issue.

Alot of window cleaners have a bad attiitude. And recently i have seen many start up window cleaners with a bad attitude towards thier customers.

robbo333

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »
Gook luck Marc with February.

I have a small plan to increase turnover this year, so let's hope it doesn't end up in the 'waste basket of despair' like every other year!  ::)roll
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:27 pm »
Gook luck Marc with February.

I have a small plan to increase turnover this year, so let's hope it doesn't end up in the 'waste basket of despair' like every other year!  ::)roll

Thanks Robbo.

You know its all about actually going out and putting it into action; Its very simple really .

Its very strange. You will meet lots of NO people and a few YES people when it comes to this sort of thing.

Guess what Robbo. Who is the real one who says YES or NO to expanding? 

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 06:32:11 pm »
well you ve done it before marc so i dont see  no reason why you cant do it again........

.....you ve probably learned a few things from last time too.......good luck...

rather you than me though...i couldnt be arsed with it all TBH.... ;D

im happy with my lot and very contented at the moment.....

Paul H

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 07:24:50 pm »
Good to have  a vision and targets

Just make sure  they're manageable ...realistic for whatever time scale you set yourself ..if they're not it could have a negative impact ...on you and your motivation ..and in your head .

Wherever your at say the start or this year  set yourself say as an example a 25% growth target ...may not  sound a lot  but will help you redress  your business / operation  in a steady manner

25% per year for 4 years ...you'll have more than doubled

Last year start of Jan  2017 ..I had a healthy turnover ......had a push ... Got more work ...looking good ...then wallop ...lost a 14k a year contract ( another story ...which I've put to bed ) ....let me tell you that hurt ...I became disallusioned ..depressed ...took as a personal attack on me and my business ( it wasn't though I just viewed it that way ) ...

I've spent the latter half of 2017 rebuilding ..and on going into this year ...in a nut shell end of Jan 2017 to present I'm still 2k down .....but hitting the realistic targets I've set along the way ....which by Jan next year will have me exceeding the level I was at when I took that hit !

Rome wasn't built in a day mate ...so long as you still motivated ....and realistic ...deal with Knocks ...you'll get to where you want to be ...good luck

Michael Peterson

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »
let others drive you my friend, if people arn't saying your dreams are impossible your dreams are not your dreams, let you attitude set your altitude. be in the 1% for I guarantee you now with the right round there will be many many people working as a one man band above the vat threshold. those people wont be on a forum earning 40k telling you that you cant.

just remember, those who say they cant and those who say they can are nearly always right.

if your going to earn 80K a year and that's what you desire and believe that is what you will have

paul alan

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
let others drive you my friend, if people arn't saying your dreams are impossible your dreams are not your dreams, let you attitude set your altitude. be in the 1% for I guarantee you now with the right round there will be many many people working as a one man band above the vat threshold. those people wont be on a forum earning 40k telling you that you cant.

just remember, those who say they cant and those who say they can are nearly always right.

if your going to earn 80K a year and that's what you desire and believe that is what you will have

Amen..!!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 10:24:20 am »

What a load of tosh!!do you know anyone earning 80k+ a year as a one-man band?.didn't think so....

If you set your goals too high  your gonna be very disappointed.....

Steve Newres

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 12:00:06 pm »

What a load of tosh!!do you know anyone earning 80k+ a year as a one-man band?.didn't think so....

If you set your goals too high  your gonna be very disappointed.....
I do.

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 12:09:05 pm »
I don't see how 80k solo is impossible in the right area.

I mean I could do 50k+ if I really put the effort in (8 hours a day rather than 5-6)

And that with me having an average price of 10-12 quid.

So in some areas of the country when you can demand 20 quid a semi it shouldn't be too hard at all.

You only have to look at the thread from that guy in Birmingham Oliver or whatever  who's charging 25 quid for a terraced. Bang 20 terraced out in a day no problem.

You need to be in a good area with a good work ethic but it's doable no doubt.

And I disagree about setting goals too high

Someone once said it better to set a high goal and miss than set a low goal and hit.

Mick Kent

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 12:19:23 pm »
I know a few on over 100k as solo  ;)
I guess its where you work or how you have it set up.
Some work just 4 hours a day some work 11/12 some work 3/4 days and some work 7.
You get out what you put in.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 03:09:11 pm »
I don't see how 80k solo is impossible in the right area.

I agree.  If someone is fit, motivated, working the right areas and has filtered out the dud jobs, I reckon it can be done.  I'm not saying I could do it, because I need to pace myself these days, but even a fat 60 year old like me could hit £50k turnover if he could be arsed with it.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »
100k = 2k per week for 50 weeks- part time effort for some on here!! ;D

Comfortably Numb!

Marc Stock

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 08:32:06 pm »
Listen Dazmond.

Not being rude here buddy, but you are constantly banging on about how you are hitting £4kplus per month, and that you are doing it part time etc etc. Now i have no reason to doubt what you are saying, but if you think carefully you have already confirmed that 80k a year is entirely possible simply by working full time, as from what i can see from your prev posts you work part time.

Now, you and everyone else will get to see my financials when i file at companieshouse ; so everything i am saying will be scrutinised on a public record;  however those that are self employed (You)...we won't get to see your financials to back up your claims of earnings and can only rely on your word.

In conclusion someone who is earning what you say you earn as a self employed individual, the hours you say you work, its very strange that you cannot see or agree that by simply working longer hours (full time) that the figures of 80k are attainable and in fact your negativity towards this points me to the possibilty that in fact you are not earning what you say your earning, but im sure that i must be mistaken on that.

Your personal tax liablity must be getting very big by now id imagine as a self employed individual.

All this is meant with no intention to offend.

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »
Listen Dazmond.

Not being rude here buddy, but you are constantly banging on about how you are hitting £4kplus per month, and that you are doing it part time etc etc. Now i have no reason to doubt what you are saying, but if you think carefully you have already confirmed that 80k a year is entirely possible simply by working full time, as from what i can see from your prev posts you work part time.

Now, you and everyone else will get to see my financials when i file at companieshouse ; so everything i am saying will be scrutinised on a public record;  however those that are self employed (You)...we won't get to see your financials to back up your claims of earnings and can only rely on your word.

In conclusion someone who is earning what you say you earn as a self employed individual, the hours you say you work, its very strange that you cannot see or agree that by simply working longer hours (full time) that the figures of 80k are attainable and in fact your negativity towards this points me to the possibilty that in fact you are not earning what you say your earning, but im sure that i must be mistaken on that.

Your personal tax liablity must be getting very big by now id imagine as a self employed individual.

All this is meant with no intention to offend.

Nobody can work full time in this job unless your very young with no other life mate.you least of all as you even admit yourself your fed up with window cleaning.do you honestly think you'll enjoy it if your working flat out all the time?I don't.

I work part time compared to when I was younger.25-30 hours a week with lots of good work but to double my income would be very hard without employing and id have no free time.no thanks.id have to work 50-60 hours a week!i couldn't sustain that week in/week out.not a chance.id have to employ and to do it legal and above board would cost me a lot of money,hassle and headaches.

Johnny B

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:57 am »
Just to throw my hat into the ring, I agree that 80k must be possible as there are guys out there doing it already.

I also disagree that nobody can do this job full time without being young, fit or without a life. I will be 56 in a couple of months, work 40-50 hours a week trad and am reasonably fit although my knees aren't what they were when I started on this game 21 years ago!

I don't earn big money because I'm a plodder, not money driven but content with what I have, but I will say that if anyone sets themselves whatever target, they can achieve it by whatever means necessary if they really want to.

Marc, go for it mate and don't let anyone discourage you.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 08:40:16 am »
its called "reverse psychology".im trying to motivate the lad! ;D

in all seriousness i forgot marc works around the london area so yeah 80k or even 100k are probably possible with a good work ethic and determination.in other parts of the country?id say not a chance.......

dazmond

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 08:43:14 am »
Just to throw my hat into the ring, I agree that 80k must be possible as there are guys out there doing it already.

I also disagree that nobody can do this job full time without being young, fit or without a life. I will be 56 in a couple of months, work 40-50 hours a week trad and am reasonably fit although my knees aren't what they were when I started on this game 21 years ago!

I don't earn big money because I'm a plodder, not money driven but content with what I have, but I will say that if anyone sets themselves whatever target, they can achieve it by whatever means necessary if they really want to.

Marc, go for it mate and don't let anyone discourage you.

John

wow i couldnt work all them hours now at 46(or all that ladder work).well done....

Walter Mitty

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 09:15:15 am »
its called "reverse psychology".im trying to motivate the lad! ;D

in all seriousness i forgot marc works around the london area so yeah 80k or even 100k are probably possible with a good work ethic and determination.in other parts of the country?id say not a chance.......

Yes, he works in a very wealthy part of the commuter belt - assuming some of his customers actually need to go to work in the first place.
In a pricing thread a while ago, a job I would do for anything between £14 and £18 (depending on obstacles), he was saying £28.  If that is typical, £80k turnover should be fine for him.
Please note: This is not a dig at Marc's pricing structure.  As he lives in a wealthy area, his living costs are undoubtedly higher than most window cleaners', so he must charge accordingly.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 09:41:47 am »
my brother was paying £1800 a month rent for a house in wimbledon a few years ago.im only paying £300 a month for my little flat here in the north west!so it was costing him £18,000 more a year in rent.he was there for around 5 years which is £90,000!(his wife was paying half so an extra £45,000 over 5 years)crazy money so i can understand how you have to charge double (at least )what you would charge up here.....

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:33 am »
In the right area 50-40 houses a week is what you’ll need in like I say the right area you will be charging a lot more to clean 1 property so over  the course of the week you won’t ever be cleaning 50 jobs,this job is 100% about what work you are cleaning and your rock bottom price you’ll clean a house for. My philosophy is don’t ever just take a job on for the sake of it if it’s not worth it financially you will always end up crippling your average price with each 1 taken on. Some areas you will earn the equivalent of what other WCs will clean in 2-2 1/2 days as people will pay it in very affluent areas as it’s not about the money necessarily to them,they are never thinking how long you are there for what they are paying they just want a trusted person on there property and are willing to pay more for that alone.

NWH

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »
All that said it’s not the sort of thing I would say you’ll do in anywhere near a year lol,it takes years to get to below the amount your looking to achieve.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »
The good thing is..... we'll all find out soon enough if Marc keeps with the updates.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Marc Stock

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:11 pm »
Its true guys. I do live in a ridiculously expensive area. And yes my average prices are £28-38 for your standard sort of 3 bed semi. I have some rounds where i am charging 80 and 90 quid per house for the bigger places and upwards of £175 to £250 for really big places where im spending at least 3 hours on each house.

Dazmond, I thank you for your insight.  8)

I will keep you all posted. I have to say its been going nuts recently here and i havent actually done any canvassing of any major consequence yet.

Mick Kent

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:55 pm »
Its true guys. I do live in a ridiculously expensive area. And yes my average prices are £28-38 for your standard sort of 3 bed semi. I have some rounds where i am charging 80 and 90 quid per house for the bigger places and upwards of £175 to £250 for really big places where im spending at least 3 hours on each house.

Dazmond, I thank you for your insight.  8)

I will keep you all posted. I have to say its been going nuts recently here and i havent actually done any canvassing of any major consequence yet.

How long have you been going then? With averages like that you should be well smashed above £80k a year already surely?

Marc Stock

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 09:10:15 pm »
I had been really quite unwell over the last 8 years suffering from quite bad mental illness. i have been window cleaning for 15 years, built up a very successful business and lost it all, my house, my (ex) missus left me, and had a tax investigation all at the same time and i think i had a breakdown as i was about to take my life and let the business go to pot, i sold some of it off too.

Post 2008 i met my now 2nd wife and  i built up the business again from scratch  to try to pay back my debts but eventually succumbed to bankruptcy in 2014. Still working as much as i could i was able to keep working but battled with my mental health quite badly, i nearly ended it again. Just wasn't motivated enough, was often starting work at 11am and finsihing at 3pm becouse i was so depressed with the job, me, i felt like a looser, a failure, a turd of a bloke who cleans windows for a couple of hours a day and makes 170 quid or so, enough to just about live.

But i have pushed on, the medications helped me, my wife Debra has been amazing she never gave up on me and i slowly re learned how to be who i was again i came off.my citrolopram in April 2017 and have been feeling much more focused on what i want to achieve.

Trust me if i hadn't of been through all that id be turning over 500k at least by now with 5 or 6 vans. But i am very focused now and i am feeling good and well again, its taken nearly 10 years though

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2018, 10:28:19 pm »
blimey....that sounds really rough that marc...ive had plenty of bad times too mate (many years ago )but the last 10 years have been great both business wise and in my personal life...

all the painful experiences will make you stronger marc.....

Mick Kent

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 11:46:06 pm »
I had been really quite unwell over the last 8 years suffering from quite bad mental illness. i have been window cleaning for 15 years, built up a very successful business and lost it all, my house, my (ex) missus left me, and had a tax investigation all at the same time and i think i had a breakdown as i was about to take my life and let the business go to pot, i sold some of it off too.

Post 2008 i met my now 2nd wife and  i built up the business again from scratch  to try to pay back my debts but eventually succumbed to bankruptcy in 2014. Still working as much as i could i was able to keep working but battled with my mental health quite badly, i nearly ended it again. Just wasn't motivated enough, was often starting work at 11am and finsihing at 3pm becouse i was so depressed with the job, me, i felt like a looser, a failure, a turd of a bloke who cleans windows for a couple of hours a day and makes 170 quid or so, enough to just about live.

But i have pushed on, the medications helped me, my wife Debra has been amazing she never gave up on me and i slowly re learned how to be who i was again i came off.my citrolopram in April 2017 and have been feeling much more focused on what i want to achieve.

Trust me if i hadn't of been through all that id be turning over 500k at least by now with 5 or 6 vans. But i am very focused now and i am feeling good and well again, its taken nearly 10 years though

Wow

I wish you all the luck to succeed Marc

Marc Stock

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 09:12:35 am »
Well its all in the past now, and i am looking forward to the next 20 years of business growth.  But yes its been a rough decade.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 11:56:54 am »
<SNIP>

Yes, I remember some of the things you referred to.

I feared for you, I really did.

paul alan

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 01:50:41 pm »

Wow

I wish you all the luck to succeed Marc

Good on you mate, reading between the lines did your ex have anything to do with the tax investigation?

robbo333

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 03:05:07 pm »
Marc, anything I can do to help, just let me know. You’ve got my email.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Michael Peterson

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 04:43:55 pm »
and there my friend is the fire that will burn and carry you through to your goal!

Marc Stock

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2018, 09:18:12 pm »
Good on you mate, reading between the lines did your ex have anything to do with the tax investigation?

Personally i don't think she'd have the mental ability; but you never know. In all honesty i don't think about it anymore, I used to of course which is why i think i had a breakdown.

paul alan

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2018, 09:29:35 pm »
Hell have no fury.....like a woman scorned!

In my experience women can be much more cold blooded than a man.

Learning to let go is great for the sanity.

Stoots

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2018, 09:46:30 pm »
My ex leaving me 4 years ago started me on the business journey.

Been there feeling suicidal on every anti depressant and sleeping pills known to man.

I've suffered with depression all of my adult life and know what it's like to fee like a piece of poope.

But my desire to succeed is much stronger now, I believe it's because I refuse to be beaten by life. I will succeed at all costs and that desire can only be found in the depths of despair.

Imo.

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2018, 08:34:54 am »
the worst thing you can do is get married IMO....so many of my mates have got divorced over the years and the mess they end up in having to find another place to live and financial pressures etc,its not worth the hassle....even worse if theres kids involved...

ive found the best way forward is to keep your own flat/house no matter what and dont move in with your girlfriend.ive had 6 girlfriends since i moved into my flat back in 1999!all of them wanted me to either move in with them or them with me(one did live with me for around a year).so i would of had to move  a few times! ::)roll.sod that... ;D

Stoots

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:56 pm »
the worst thing you can do is get married IMO....so many of my mates have got divorced over the years and the mess they end up in having to find another place to live and financial pressures etc,its not worth the hassle....even worse if theres kids involved...

ive found the best way forward is to keep your own flat/house no matter what and dont move in with your girlfriend.ive had 6 girlfriends since i moved into my flat back in 1999!all of them wanted me to either move in with them or them with me(one did live with me for around a year).so i would of had to move  a few times! ::)roll.sod that... ;D

Absolutely.

Yep you put years into a marriage, with kids and a home etc then one day it all ends and you are the one left alone without a pot to p in.  Generally the woman keeps the kids and the home etc.

I read about the suicide rate for divorced men, it's pretty high.

Unfortunately you dont learn this lesson until you've been stung a few times.

nathankaye

Re: Current Progress push to 80K New
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 04:29:16 pm »
Absolutely, I married young at 22.   By 25 owned my own house, married with 3 kids and dogs haha.   2003 finally set up as a sole trader and built a business to support the young family and then after 12yrs she does dirty and for some strange reason I'm the one who moved out, don't figure!  This was in 2010 when we got hit with the worst winter yet, so I was depressed, skint and couldn't work for two months. But thankfully we did have kids and that kept me from doing anything stupid and helped me snapped out off feeling down and got me more focused on work.  Forward 8 yrs n remarried with another 3 kids and my x has successfully turned 2 kids against me (but still have to pay maintenance though).    But very happy now and business is strong and with hot water come rain or snow I have no reason to let my business fall behind like it did in 2010.

Bet we all have a story that keeps our motivation or drive strong. Dispute a 80k push forward.
But all the best to you succeeding marc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 05:39:26 pm »
Im just glad i didn't have kids with my prev marriage..got 2 kids now though girl & boy 5 and 7