tompoole

Gutted cleaning
« on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »
What's the average price for gutter cleaning using gutter vac? £4 per metre?

Bungle

Re: Gutted cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »
I'd be guttered if I had to pay that  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

britishwill

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:51 pm »
Check the space from gutter to roof tile. If it has enough space for gutter vac or doing it by hand you should be able to gauge how long it will take you. £4 imo is very expensive. Charge when you have seen what you are up against that way you will not tuck yourself up!
I normally charge £1.50 per metre but my round is mostly large houses with min 100 metres of gutter.

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:28:46 pm »
Really depends on the quality of your equipment, if you have a powerful machine, and all the different tools to reach into various gutters, and the camera to check your work you can be more competitive, as you will be faster.

lal

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:52:00 am »

I also think you must factor in how full are the gutters, when were they cleared out last, whats growing in there, how difficult
 will they be to do, how long will the job take,  I would say over 90% of the gutters I've done since last summer have not been
 cleaned out for many years, and have been hard work, so i price higher rather than lower, i don't want to be a busy fool earning
peanuts on customers gutters that have been neglected for years.

Lal

Gerald Ash

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:54 pm »
I charge £1.00 per metre for clearing out, £1.50 for clear out and clean, £2.00  for the fascias as well and £2.50 for soffits.
£1.00 for clean and so on.
  I do them jointly with a mate who has a gutter vac so need to make money for both of us. I find even at this price most have had quotes two or three times that.
   To be honest it isn`t something I want to do but for existing customers it prevents others getting a foot in the door.

slap bash

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:45:32 pm »
I charge between £3. to 5 pound per meter and get that quite easily. At £1.5 I would not bother. Even if I did it by hand or with a vac defo no.

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 10:22:11 pm »
I charge £2'50 pm and think it's a fair price. I don't charge if it doesn't need doing (if a whole length is clear) but have a minimum charge of £50 and customers appreciate it can be a dirty dangerous job. Although I have a gutter vac I often have to go up to remove a big weed that has roots two ft down the downspout or because the tiles have slipped to the gutter.