Lee Burbidge

What would you invent....
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
What would you invent to make your life easier. I am always amazed by window cleaners that come up with neat things to help window cleaners. Some work and take off, some dont.
http://youtu.be/xeoMNaPEo_o

bobplum

Re: What would you invent....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
i would invent a system that will dispatch my wagtail prize to my household address straight away ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

P.C.S.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:54:17 pm »
Something fitted to the pole end cap that prevents (or at least reduces) the amount of grit that gets dragged up my pole on damp days.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »
Besides a woman that don't moan  ;D I would like to invent a van that runs on water and recycle going through the engine becoming hot as you drive and pumps back into the tank , what a life . Other than that the woman that don't moan would be the better of the 2.
where theres muck theres money

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 06:39:41 am »
Hoseless WFP.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:42 am »
i would invent a system that will dispatch my wagtail prize to my household address straight away ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

oops

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:16:16 am »
Hoseless WFP.

I have thought about this a lot.... such a pain getting knotted up and snagged. Teleporting pur water from the van to the pole, I like it :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:31:29 am »
A barcode reader that would read the barcode at a customers address (e.g. just inside a bin cupboard door) and automatically transfer the funds to me within a few hours at most.  For security, it could be set up so that it could not be read more frequently than x days apart - depending on the agreement with the customer.  Mind you, if they were to agree to this, they might as well do gocardless or similar.

Window Lickers

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 08:53:47 am »
A barcode reader that would read the barcode at a customers address (e.g. just inside a bin cupboard door) and automatically transfer the funds to me a few hours before we leave the house to do the job. 

FTFY
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »
A barcode reader that would read the barcode at a customers address (e.g. just inside a bin cupboard door) and automatically transfer the funds to me within a few hours at most.  For security, it could be set up so that it could not be read more frequently than x days apart - depending on the agreement with the customer.  Mind you, if they were to agree to this, they might as well do gocardless or similar.

I know a window cleaning company that use a small metal disc that their window cleaners have to touch with a data collecting wand to say that they have been to the house to clean the windows.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 04:22:14 pm »
What about all the gadgets that have been made and are no longer available? ie Slip 'n Slide.

The Slip 'n Side was brilliant but no longer around.

I think the Water Works unit will meet the same end - Its just too expensive.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:12 pm »
I would invent some ladder limpets - can't for the life of me understand how they went out of business  ???

Maybe a brush combined with a bronze wool pad.

Twist proof hose.

Everlasting rectus fittings

Reel hose that doesn't delaminate

An RO system with no waste whatsoever

A device that stops my water meter spinning so fast

Rubber end caps for all Gardiners poles

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »
I would invent some ladder limpets - can't for the life of me understand how they went out of business  ???

Maybe a brush combined with a bronze wool pad.

Twist proof hose.

Everlasting rectus fittings

Reel hose that doesn't delaminate

An RO system with no waste whatsoever

A device that stops my water meter spinning so fast

Rubber end caps for all Gardiners poles

Aint that the holy grail - RO with no waste

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:11 pm »
something that can compress 500lt of water into a 25lt barrel

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

Just put a hole in the bottom.
You'll easily get 500 litres in
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

p1w1

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 09:21:38 pm »

Just put a hole in the bottom.
You'll easily get 500 litres in
thats were i'm going wrong then i always have the hole at the top

Fin Clearview

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 11:01:02 pm »
wireless water  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 12:03:37 am »
hi viz yellow 6mm inner diameter xhose like the one advertised on Tv that is extremely lightweight that expands and contracts with water flow that doesn't need to be reeled onto a hosereel but can be thrown into the back of a van in seconds. In principal it works as I tried it with the blue hose (200ft of it, although 300ft is more practical with normal 12mm inner hose). It takes a while to expand and simply contracts by connecting back to tank and carrying it back by hand as lightweight enough when emptying the water back into van tank. Would be more practical with a reduced diameter hose to begin with. Saves time on awkward jobs but the flow is slow to begin with whilst waiting for hose to expand. On big jobs it's ideal for dragging hose around.

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:31 am »
Roof mounted solar water panel heater that heats the water straight from the pump directed through roof to one big solar water panel that circulates the water around the panel as many times as possible before being circulated back to hosereel and used in the normal way for wfp use during spring to late autumn.

H20cleaning

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 08:57:08 am »
Some kind of karcher window vac attached for sucking dirty water out of vents and seals!