www.mrgutters.co.uk

how to cancel vistaprint membership.
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:07:57 am »
hi all

how do you cancel the vistaprint membership.. as its charged at 9.95 pr month.

shaw n
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

JohnL

Re: how to cancel vistaprint membership.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 10:14:43 am »
can you explain a bit more please

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:30:12 am »
Whats the membership? As far as I was aware they are just a printing company and you order their products online. Searched their site and can't see anything about membership.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 10:36:53 am »
We did not sign up for any membership, we just took advantage of the free business cards and had to pay p&p

But we do get emailed by them giving us some good offers

Brett

neil100

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:40:55 am »
I have just cancelled my membership to visaprint.

If you are in your first month of membership they will send you an email as a reminder of the due date that they will take the first payment.They also give you an email address if you wish to cancell. If you are in the trial membership period which is the first month you can cancell straight away, If they have started taking payments it takes 30 days to cancell.

I cant remmber the email address as outlook express does not function correctly on my PC. I phoned the following number to cancell, the phone call lasted about 30 seconds and the cancellation took immediate effect. TEL:- 0845 672 2002.

You will Have to give the information outlined below to cancell.
1. Membership ID number.
2. Account Password.
3. Full Name.
4. Email Address.

Hope this helps.  
Nel.

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:09:36 am »
I've not signed up as a member but do use the offers which arrive fairly frequently  :)

I hope this is not an automatic membership system or do you actualy have to sign up etc?

neil100  -  did you actually sign up for the membership?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

neil100

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 11:55:26 am »
No, membership is attained by filling in a seprate form and giving bank details.

Membership entitles you to further discounts from a wide variety of suppliers. But they are takeing £10.00 a month of you for the privlidge of useing this service.

I only took membership out because if I liked the quality of the Free cards, it was giving me a £10.00 discount of my next order, which I would of used the £10.00 discount then I was going to cancell my membership.

I have found that cancelling your order before payment auomaticly opens a mew window were they will offer you extra discount anyway.

The cards are very good quality by the way.

Nel.

macc

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:00:54 pm »
why not contact your bank & cancell the dd. macc.  ;D

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 01:06:16 pm »
cheers all ..

i ordered cards and recieved them but like a total idiot i got my number wrong 1504 instead 1054.. AAAGGGhhh   so reordered cards and got 1500 premium cards for 4.01 + del ...so well chuffed with them.

will cancel tonight i will just rin them up.

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

carl stanton

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 01:07:34 pm »
yep, likewise canecel the bank d/d
and sorry to go on but we are all or could be at some point!! affected by this
dont forget to sign the petition!! pleeeease :'(

Lesley J

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 01:47:48 pm »
I have also been caught out by vistaprint, just found it, I did not realise I had signed up for anything, I have phoned them to cancel. Lesley J
Lesley Tyrrell

Morph

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 02:11:25 pm »
Vistaprint have a subsidiary company, that operates entirely independantly from Vistaprint, but it just so happens that the company uses space on the Vistaprint website!  The subsidiary is called VPRewards I think.  When you order online from Vistaprint one of the final windows you are directed to as you complete your order has a tick box, blink and you'll miss it!
You have to untick the box if you don't want their privileged membership costing you £9.95 a month, which they will take from your credit card.  The default is set to tick.  So you have to deliberately decline membership, or they take your money.
They rely on people going back onto the site to browse other products before closing, so you miss the fact you have agreed.

But of course big companies can't afford to "rip off" their customers!  Ho Ho Ho

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 05:41:54 pm »
Vistaprint have a subsidiary company, that operates entirely independantly from Vistaprint, but it just so happens that the company uses space on the Vistaprint website!  The subsidiary is called VPRewards I think.  When you order online from Vistaprint one of the final windows you are directed to as you complete your order has a tick box, blink and you'll miss it!
You have to untick the box if you don't want their privileged membership costing you £9.95 a month, which they will take from your credit card.  The default is set to tick.  So you have to deliberately decline membership, or they take your money.
They rely on people going back onto the site to browse other products before closing, so you miss the fact you have agreed.

But of course big companies can't afford to "rip off" their customers!  Ho Ho Ho

There definitely needs to be a change in legislation to make such things opt in rather than opt out.