Lee GLS

Re: If you had to choose a system who would you go for...
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 07:11:09 pm »
the PF 650l upright tank is unsafe as it is top heavy.

Is there more water in the top half of the tank then?

robert mitchell

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »
I think what he means Lee is that the centre of gravity is higher , a flat tank has a lower centre of gravity which is better for vehicle handling .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Lee GLS

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 09:09:08 pm »
I think what he means Lee is that the centre of gravity is higher , a flat tank has a lower centre of gravity which is better for vehicle handling .

;D

I know I just found it funny   :D

roundbuilder

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 09:52:28 pm »
Its so easy to go wfp nowdays, Diy can be set up so cheap its nowonder most diy.
400litre tank-£150
Metal Hose reel and hose £100
Harris pole £15
Battery-50
Pump£70

For under £400 your away as simple as that or even cheaper if you by from ebay and will do as good of job as someone who has spent 5k on a shiney new branded system where the same problems will always occur.

roundbuilder

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »
Concept or gripper would be my choice.

robert mitchell

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »
pure2o or grippa for me .
pure2o good value for money and good customer service.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »
Its so easy to go wfp nowdays, Diy can be set up so cheap its nowonder most diy.
400litre tank-£150
Harris pole £15
Battery-50
Pump£70

For under £400 your away as simple as that or even cheaper if you by from ebay and will do as good of job as someone who has spent 5k on a shiney new branded system where the same problems will always occur.

I agree if it comes down to cost DIY is a no brainer even with hot. Also regarding Harris pole vs fully carbon is probably almost the same as saying DIY vs Pro system in regard of cost and quality.

Archer

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
Fin clear view,

I have Brodex machine and flame for hot water, excellent piece of kit in my opinion.

H2GoKent

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 05:31:33 am »
400litre tank-£150
Harris pole £15
Battery-50
Pump£70

I agree if it comes down to cost DIY is a no brainer even with hot. Also regarding Harris pole vs fully carbon is probably almost the same as saying DIY vs Pro system in regard of cost and quality.
I disagree with that, with a proper pole you can work faster than with a home made one, I know because I was DIY for years, a DIY system is no slower or faster than a pro one, and time is money, as long as your diy system is safe and you don't have to fix it every week or something then I will stay DIY and put the money in MY pocket.
A good pole is worth investing in, I
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

DG Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 06:22:58 am »
You can't really compare Harris v carbon for diy versus pro system.
Its not like they are using far superior pumps.
You can bet its the same Shurflo or Vyair you've got in your diy system.
Like wise for hose reels, controllers etc.
For that reason they are no more reliable than your diy kit you installed one afternoon.
If you like how it looks get someone to make you a nice cover for a fraction of what the pro firms will charge.
Its an absolute no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Ste M

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 11:27:01 am »
I'm tempted to get a concept 700ltr hot water set up in my van in the new year, I've always had a PF system and a fog wash but i just think its time to move on and get a system with out leaks and issues that an old diy can bring. I have well and truly earned my money from my current set up but I'm just tempted to tidy things up and get a pro system installed

Carl2009

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
I've had a Pure Freedom system for 5 years. Would I buy the same again. Yep, in a heartbeat. It's earned me tens of thousands of £ in that time and has been totally reliable. I've replaced things such as resin, reels and hoses, but the system is the same, including the RO membrane.

What have people got against Whydale tanks?

To consider DIY I do think you have to have been in the business a while, so you understand just how everything works and what you need (10" or 20" filters? What size DI vessel, RO). If you know your needs and are handy (which I'm not particularly) it could be done.