ben M

please help need hot water system
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »
I have a pro 5 ionic 600 litres, looking to add a hot water system but not at 3k from ionic!
Does someone know where i can find somebody to install for me a cheap DIY system (I live in Devon but willing to travel)
ps: Please don't tell me to do it myself, i have 2 left hands  ;D

Many thanks

Ben

Spruce

Re: please help need hot water system
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »
Ben,

the cheapest way of doing this is a tankless gas heater and a bottle of gas.

Why not ask this company to fit it for you.
http://www.reach2cleanonline.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=122

If you are looking at a diesel heater then they are expensive. The Webasto boiler they use costs around £1300.00 new less a small discount as a trade customer. Start adding all the controls, plate water to water heat exchangers and thermostatic temperature regulator valves, cabinet, battery etc and the costs mount up.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »
How much are you wanting to spend in total.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:10 pm »
I know you've said not to say DIY Ben but have you seen what you need to connect?
1 hose in on a jubilee, 1 out and the gas regulator which is a bit of hose secured by jubilee clips too.
Hang it in your van, strap a gas bottle in and that's your lot.
Don't shoot me-just thinking that you might be thinking its more complicated tgan it is.
If you can do a gas BBQ you're half way there!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ben M

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »
Thanks guys for your help  :)

Spruce, gas heater would be fine, look nice company,bit far from me but why not

Smithie, max £800 to spend in total

Darren, you are probably right but don't want to make mistakes with gas!
How do you evacuate the gas from the van?

Thanks

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:59 pm »
Thanks guys for your help  :)

Spruce, gas heater would be fine, look nice company,bit far from me but why not

Smithie, max £800 to spend in total

Darren, you are probably right but don't want to make mistakes with gas!
How do you evacuate the gas from the van?

Thanks

you could do this with lpg for £200

evacuate gas in van = leave the door open same as u do now?????????

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:26 pm »
You really can't make a mistake.
Doors open-fumes out.
If the joints are all tight, it'll all be fine.
If you really don't want to do it, call a caravan shop and ask their fitter (they will have one) to help you out.
It really is easy though bud

ben M

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »
Doors open-fumes out.
If you really don't want to do it, call a caravan shop and ask their fitter (they will have one) to help you out.
Thanks Darren but do not forget, i am French not British so not so clever  ;D ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:08 pm »
Doors open-fumes out.
Thanks Darren but do not forget, i am French not British so not so clever  ;D ;D

I've already made allowance for that.  ;D

ben M

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »
Darren,which system do you recommend then?
Have you got one?
Thanks

Archer

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 10:23:32 pm »

Ben,

why don't you lease one with the final payment you make meaning it will be yours, that way you do not have to spend your maximum of £800.00 in one go, which will allow you to keep some back for cash flow and will enable you to buy a very good piece of kit.

I have 3 Hot water systems, and have never had a problem with any of them, which I bought from Brodex.

When I was buying my first I was thinking along the same way that you are thinking, but it is better to get a very good one, fitted correctly, that will do the job how you want it done.

Just my opinion.

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 10:26:37 pm »
I have got a Morco D61b.
It's just a caravan water heater.
The only problem with it is when it's hot the thermostat sometimes cuts out.
Needs to be balanced just right.
I'm looking at the one from Corwoods that is advertised at the top of the page.
Change from £200 sounds good.
I'm looking at getting a refillable bottle to fill up at the petrol station rather than swapping calor bottles. Less agro and cheaper...

ben M

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 10:28:28 pm »

Ben,

why don't you lease one with the final payment you make meaning it will be yours, that way you do not have to spend your maximum of £800.00 in one go, which will allow you to keep some back for cash flow and will enable you to buy a very good piece of kit.

I have 3 Hot water systems, and have never had a problem with any of them, which I bought from Brodex.

When I was buying my first I was thinking along the same way that you are thinking, but it is better to get a very good one, fitted correctly, that will do the job how you want it done.

Just my opinion.
Archer,

Thanks for your message. I totally agree with you, i need a very good one,fitted correctly and that will do the job how i want it done.
which system do you recommend? brodex are they still in business?

Many thanks

Ben

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »
Archer-is the Brodex diesel or gas?
What did it set you back?
You obviously like it but any negatives at all?

Kudos for smoking the pipe of peace too

Archer

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

Ben & Darren,

I will as always give you my honest opinion, which I am sure others will totally disagree with me.

Firstly Ben, yes they are still in business and if you decide to get one from them let me know, and I will tell you who to deal with as like some on here will say all they want is your money then cannot be bothered with after sales if things go wrong, let me know and I will help you.

I looked in to buying one years ago, and I think I bought my first one from Brodex about 3 years ago, and have had no problems with it at all.

When it is turned on full it is seriously boiling which is superb on certain types of work, and then you can lower it for others, and when the weather is cold.

I think it was £3k, but to be honest it is a brilliant piece of kit that we use on a regular basis.

I started with no money at all when I set up my business over 20 years ago, and I am the old fashioned type of window cleaner, but have moved with the times so to speak.

Depending on what you actually want from a hot water system, I cannot speak highly enough of the ones we have, and I welcome you to come and see how it works and our set ups if either of you require.

I am not much good over a computer but am willing to speak on phone or meet in person to help either of you move forward with any advice or help I can.

ben M

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 10:50:39 pm »
Thank you for your help and advice Archer, 3k is a bit dear for me to be honest, ionic is 3k too.
what do you think of this system (obviously not so good at yours) :

http://www.reach2cleanonline.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=96&product_id=121

Many thanks

Ben

PoleKing

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »
That's really nice if you bud.
And a well thought out post, thank you.

In future it sounds like something I'd go for but in all honesty a bit rich for me ATM.

Thanks for the write up though.

Archer

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:43 pm »
Ben & Darren

I cant comment on that, I would only be guessing.

I can only tell you what I have got and how it performs.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box in business to get where you want to get to.

I could not afford one when I was looking, but I decided to buy the 3k one for example, and pay monthly to buy it freeing up my money to hold on to, or spend in other areas of my business, sometimes cheap is not always the right answer.

All I can say is I would not think twice about buying one because it will pay for itself and looked after it will last you.

Obviously I am not going to write everything on here, because there are certain things relating to business that I hold back which when I meet people in person then that's when I offer more help.

Sure you understand, but I would pick the Brodex over the Ionics system all day long

ben M

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:09 pm »
Archer, you don't like ionic? why?
Thanks

Archer

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »

Ben,

I buy almost all my poles from Ionics and I have spent a lot of money with them and continue to do so, so I dont dislike them.

I believe the Brodex system is better, it is more compact for my vehicles, and I believe the temperature of the water goes hotter, but I may be wrong.

Also I used to buy Ionics systems, but when I was requesting a price for a system a number of years backl they couldn't be bothered to provide me a price after me telephoning them from my holidays abroad on at least 10 occasions, which was also the case with a friend of mine who has a shop, and he was a supplier for them, and they couldn't be bothered letting him know.

I decided my money was good anywhere, so I tried Brodex and there systems have been better than I was led to believe.

I have had a number of vans kitted out by Brodex, about 7, so that's the reason I really like their hot water system.

Personally its a no brainer in my opinion that would possibly set you back £100 per month at a guess, but not too sure