keyser soze

maybe need a new challenge
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:15:43 pm »
i'm falling out of love with window cleaning. or maybe need a holiday . ive been going 2 years now and work all on my lonesome, is this normal to be a bit fed up at this stage? will it pass?

Re: maybe need a new challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »
It will be alright in the end.  If it is not yet alright, it is not yet the end....

keyser soze

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »
philisophical steve as well as solar steve.

robertphil

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:13:43 pm »
drum up a whole loada work and take on a helper a.s.a.p   - this will challenge u more than you can imagine

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »
Perfectly normal - I fall out with it about once a month and hate everything about it, hate the boredom, hate the weather, hate the kit failure, hate having so much work, hate the stigma, hate the forum, hate the custies, hate Mondays ............................................................. then I remember the money and my old job and away I go again  ;D

dotty

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 10:34:55 pm »
take a break mate have just had a week off last week i could of murded some one
p doherty

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »
I can't work on my own, I have respect for lone operators !

britishwill

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:22 pm »
2 years ago I said to myself I need regular breaks. if I am to continue to work really hard and enjoy it! Wether that is a camping beak, cruise, posh hotel or me or the missus going away with our mates for the weekend, I do not give a monkeys. A break is a break.. Either earn extra each day ie an extra £30 then when you take a break u do not feel guilty. Use a set of headphones
Get some help and start the process of trusting other people to help u do the round

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 11:49:30 pm »
I very rarely get bored with window cleaning these days as I'm making more money than ever before and have a week off virtually every month.short days and off on holiday soon!

Extreme poles make work so so easy!I lead a very charmed life!I'm very lucky and grateful for my life plus lots of good positive things happening in other areas!

Even in the depths of winter I maintain a good positive attitude most of the time.it must be because at one time my life was a living hell for many years so always happy with my life now. ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »
It will be alright in the end.  If it is not yet alright, it is not yet the end....

One of John Lennon's quotes  ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 12:15:22 am »
Agree with everyone so far bud.
Have a week off.
Don't feel guilty.
Just enjoy it.
Work will still be there when you get back.

Are you still working with your lad bud?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 12:33:17 am »
I must be odd because I really enjoy working on my own.

I can organise how I do each job exactly how I want to do it, do the job, and then go on to the next.

Having no one else working with me is very peacefull and stress free.

Sometimes my missus works with me and I find myself occasionally getting irritated not with her but with the fact that on my own, life is easier.

Having said that, she is great for those custards who keep you talking. The missus does the talking and I do the work.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 08:57:02 am »
I don't mind working by myself, or working with someone else.  Either way is fine with me.  I use a cheap mp3 player (cos I wouldn't want to break my nice phone), stick a talking book on there, and just point me in the direction of some windows and I'm happy.

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 09:09:45 am »
Get a extreme pole with extreme brush and aqua dapter you will be the happiest man ever.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 09:11:25 am »
Quite a few times this week I've got to work and there is hardly any customers in and its so peaceful!love it!I work in some very affluent areas though with big large farmers fields stretching out into the distance!

And when I do see a living soul/customer there is usually payment and a bit of friendly banter!

I absolutely love working and living on my own.my girlfriend is very lively and passionate coupled with a house full of her sons mates and daughters friends.it can gets hectic at times but enjoyable and funny but I love a bit of peace as well!

Like now!girlfriend is still asleep and 14 yr old daughter and her friend.we re off to blackpool today in the rain! ;D
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 09:22:49 am »
i'm falling out of love with window cleaning. or maybe need a holiday . ive been going 2 years now and work all on my lonesome, is this normal to be a bit fed up at this stage? will it pass?

Don't fall in love with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ben M

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 10:00:27 am »
Get a extreme pole with extreme brush and aqua dapter you will be the happiest man ever.
;D

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 10:48:10 am »
Not bored with work but tired
Been working 6 and 7 days a week
Getting a lot of migraines thro to much work etc

So thought sod it so  we have booked a month in spain
Catch up with family and old friends

Work can wait til I get back contacted everyone last week and all custies are fine

Stand before my gates and be judged

bobplum

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 11:19:57 am »
I very rarely get bored with window cleaning these days as I'm making more money than ever before and have a week off virtually every month.short days and off on holiday soon!

Extreme poles make work so so easy!I lead a very charmed life!I'm very lucky and grateful for my life plus lots of good positive things happening in other areas!

Even in the depths of winter I maintain a good positive attitude most of the time.it must be because at one time my life was a living hell for many years so always happy with my life now. ;D

you make me sick..............with a slight tinge of envy :D

bobplum

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:37 am »
On average, i believe, you should have a week off every 3 months.
Everyone gets fed up, you need to take a break away from the physical side of the job, rest your body, find a hobby etc
even if you take a day off every couple of weeks and do all the paper work break up the routine