Dean Taberner

Re: Not WC related: Postmortem viewing.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »
Good luck trying to sleep tonight dean

Lol, I've had nothing to eat since last night, the thought of it makes my stomach churn. :-/
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:03 pm »
been next to an ira bomb when it went off, not a sight i'd want to experience ever again seeing friends blown up, never forget it, turning point in my life, wouldn't want anyone to experience it, ever !!!

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 09:02:27 pm »
been next to an ira bomb when it went off, not a sight i'd want to experience ever again seeing friends blown up, never forget it, turning point in my life, wouldn't want anyone to experience it, ever !!!
Where was that? I only ask because my brother was in the Blues & Royals when the Hyde Park bombing took place.

combat1

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »
Used to sell cleaning chemicals, got a prospect, and later customer who worked in a funeral directors chapel of rest. He suggested I went to have a look at the kind of surfaces, substances to be cleaned.
Oh boy! went in to 5 bodies on stainless steel tables awaiting the final makeover. Pretty fantastic actually, they had  photos of the people and used all sorts of products to remake them as they were. Quite skilful and nice for the relatives. Bit weird though!
As a manager we had a ' prospect day ' in Birmingham, Two of my cheeky reps opened an account at a massage parlour with paper towels and hand sanitiser!
Just read the last two posts, one cannot imagine how anyone can get over witnessing such an experience,

simon w

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:34 pm »
It certainly was life changing,

I can't get the thought of it out of my mind. :-o

Chin up mate it's dirty work is life. Be kind  to the people you encounter, help others the best you can and protect the innocent from wrong doers. When your dead your dead just like the individual corpse you saw laying on the slab. "lifeless and gone" just like billions before it. Religion is Mans invention to take away the cruel fact that we and all we love are worm food.

Concentrate on those who are alive because once your gone you are GONE and all religion is man made and very much a waste of precious time .

Anyway I respect the work you are doing and the complete horror to the relatives and people this must effect on a daily basis

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:30 pm »
I used to watch Quincy when I was younger. Does that count?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dean Taberner

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 09:50:41 pm »
What my problem is that after you've seen the dead bodies butchered to oblivion you then start to realize that those people have lived their own individual lives, been to school, got married, had kids, had a job, been on holidays, been fed up, been happy etc but now it doesn't matter because they're cut up into pieces waiting to be buried/cremated.

Life is pretty horrific if you waste it doing something that isn't worthwhile.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »

Thank God for CIU, then  ;D.

Seriously, though; good point, Dean.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

windowswashed

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:43 am »
Where was that? I only ask because my brother was in the Blues & Royals when the Hyde Park bombing took place.

Belfast, northern Ireland, got use to unpleasant sights and experiences over there! Glad I'm a civvie now! :) Had to seal one of my friends up in a tin coffin witnessed by officers so they could sign the release forms for customs to ship back to England. the worst bit was watching friends give him a funeral service and carry his coffin away. found it hard to hold back the tears! Had to leave in the end as I didn't want to be going home in a coffin for my parents to experience.

EandM

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 07:05:43 pm »
A member of my family is a Pathologist and the Mortuary manager for the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. Popped down there to see him and had an impromptu tour of the place a few years back. Fascinating work and he thoroughly enjoys it - not my cup of tea though.

niceandclean

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »
What my problem is that after you've seen the dead bodies butchered to oblivion you then start to realize that those people have lived their own individual lives, been to school, got married, had kids, had a job, been on holidays, been fed up, been happy etc but now it doesn't matter because they're cut up into pieces waiting to be buried/cremated.

I remember when i joined the Specials back in 2000, my first blue light run (second shift) was to a coach that had collided with a taxi on a bend. We were first on the scene, nothing much left of the driver but the two special needs teens in the back were all in tact. It was like something off of a movie, will never forget it, i was sick in my mouth! Have been to many sudden deaths, and the smell when they are lifted by the undertakers, can smell it now. My regular that i used to mirror, always carried a can of Lynx in his bag to spray the room after they had left, more for the family than us! We had an arranged outing to the mortuary, 6 of us, and there was only 2 that wasn't sick  ;D
I transfered to BTP, only 2 years there, but saw some nasty sights there! A mate of mine keeps getting on to me to re-join, i do miss it in a way  :)

How long you been doing it Dean?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

I remember when i joined the Specials back in 2000, my first blue light run (second shift) was to a coach that had collided with a taxi on a bend. We were first on the scene, nothing much left of the driver but the two special needs teens in the back were all in tact. It was like something off of a movie, will never forget it, i was sick in my mouth! Have been to many sudden deaths, and the smell when they are lifted by the undertakers, can smell it now. My regular that i used to mirror, always carried a can of Lynx in his bag to spray the room after they had left, more for the family than us! We had an arranged outing to the mortuary, 6 of us, and there was only 2 that wasn't sick  ;D
I transfered to BTP, only 2 years there, but saw some nasty sights there! A mate of mine keeps getting on to me to re-join, i do miss it in a way  :)

How long you been doing it Dean?

Hi mate,

I've been in for 9 years now, I love it. I've always fancied the BTP myself and did apply a few years back before I started to take window cleaning seriously. I've even gone as far as ringing them up to ask if I could do a shift with them but with them not being home office based I was told its not possible.

How long have you been out of the job? You need to get yourself back in. Jim Waugh on here also has very strong police interests and is a good bloke :)