JamesAJF

i cant believe this what a joke
« on: June 24, 2013, 02:58:02 am »
i been filling my tank up for the last 2 hours well at least i fort  i was in till i went out for a fAg and saw water coming out the driver side door :o :-X i have flooded the whole van i have just spent about 4 hours scooping out all the water and i still have not got it all out and i still got a empty tank im gonna have to get a vax in morning to try and suck the rest up when i saw this happen i turned the tap off straight away didn't bother looking how this had happened just wanted to get the water out of my van asap as it was about 5 inchers deep. but just been looking were the leek was and what had happened was the hose came out of the connector that's connected to the tank so instead of my tank filling up for the last 2 hours my van has instead soo p****d off i do not want this ever to happen again has this happened to anyone before and what can i do to stop this from doing it again  :'( :'(   
bish bash bosh

robertphil

Re: i cant believe this what a joke
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:05:43 am »
get under the van and push out the drain holes with a screwdriver

JamesAJF

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:10:03 am »
probably woke up the whole street from all my f ing and blinding had to get the misses out of bed to come out and help get the water out off the passengers side whilst i was doing drivers side no lie it looked like the van just been pulled out of a river just gone past 3 in the morning i don't think i will be going to work tomoz used all me scrims and towels in the house and i got no water in tank and a flooded van don't get much worse really and it bloody cold out there at this time of night to. :'(
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:15:36 am »
get under the van and push out the drain holes with a screwdriver
yer i didn't think off that till about a hour ago  its slowly all draining away it under the seats to and there is no drain wholes there there still alot of water under the carpet under the seat god i hope it wont rust my van.  
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:26:16 am »
i reckon im gonna need to do a lot of hair drying tomoz ::)roll
bish bash bosh

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:24:02 am »
The only way to get carpets dry fully is to remove them and their soundproofing out of van - will involve removings seats at least.

If u don't dry em fully it will fester after a while and go mouldy

andyM

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:43 am »
Sounds bad but you might be alright.
A few years ago my hozelock connector came adrift from the water tank and started pumping out water into the back of the van and then into the footwells, while I was driving.  >:(
I had to pull over and try and scoop most of the water out best I could.  ::)roll
When I got home I used a carpet cleaning machine to suck all the water out from the carpets, it worked well and all was ok.
If you are having a day off try and get as much water out as you can and if van is in a safe place leave the windows or doors open to help dry.
Good luck.  ;D 
One of the Plebs

simonr

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49:22 am »
did it last night myself  ;D happened a few times cos i fill straight from the tap so it only takes 30/40 mins & i always watch telly & forget.  best thing is drill 5mm holes in both foot wells so it drains then stick a little heater in & keep changing its position for a couple hours then just have your car heater on full blast aimed at your feet.  be dry in a day or 2 then smother the carpet in shake n vac a couple of times. you need to park on a slope somewhere to drain it though.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:51 am »
I've done this in the past. About once a year. Fortunately it's been overflow rather than the whole tankful. Luckily my latest van only floods the back and pours out the sides without reaching the drivers compartment.

If you have electrics under the floor carpet dry them out with a hairdryer before switching anything on.

At least it's warm and dry out there this week - as said leave the doors open if you can.

If you can get 240v out to it leave a hairdryer or fan heater on full blast inside it but for goodness sake make sure it isn't too close to melt or scorch anything!
It's a game of three halves!

*Hector*

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:47:14 am »
did it last night myself  ;D happened a few times cos i fill straight from the tap so it only takes 30/40 mins & i always watch telly & forget.  best thing is drill 5mm holes in both foot wells so it drains then stick a little heater in & keep changing its position for a couple hours then just have your car heater on full blast aimed at your feet.  be dry in a day or 2 then smother the carpet in shake n vac a couple of times. you need to park on a slope somewhere to drain it though.

this would be the equivalent of a carpet cleaner saying .... Why not use a bit of windolene? ........
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

andyM

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:35 am »

this would be the equivalent of a carpet cleaner saying .... Why not use a bit of windolene? ........

As a professional Carpet Cleaner (cough) what would you recommend Hector to "put the freshness back"?
And do you have to do a little dance while applying it?  ;D
One of the Plebs

Avo

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 09:04:05 am »
God what a joke you ain't had the system long either.. What's caused this then!!!

*Hector*

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:33 am »

As a professional Carpet Cleaner (cough) what would you recommend Hector to "put the freshness back"?
And do you have to do a little dance while applying it?  ;D

:P :P :P :P
will deal with you later mush  ;D ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:07:50 am »
James are the connectors on your hose and tank hozelock type ones??

if so, try to put the female connector on the hose and the male to the tank... that way if they are not connected or become disconnected the female being on the hose end will stop the water coming out....

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 09:09:03 am »
Done that a few times myself. I wouldn't worry about it.

The next sunny day it'll all dry out.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Avo

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:32 am »
Are the van ports outside or on the system

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:23 am »
If there's any chance of the tank over filling simply park on a slight hill, facing upwards. That way the water will run out of the back doors. Simples  ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

formb

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 01:47:14 pm »
Buy a Land Rover. No carpets here mate!

Scrimble

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 01:59:16 pm »
as suggested by hector, change the connector to a female type hozelock with the end stop, this way if and when it happens again it will shut off the water and you wont flood your van,

as for flooding your van, hahaha

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:29 pm »
Tip it upside down.