Dave Willis

Nilfisk
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »
Who's using one for a guttervac? Which model and where from?
My Lidl vac is looking a bit battered now but it does the job.

Avo

Re: Nilfisk
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:53 pm »
Machine mart about £113 for the multi 30 great vac when running on 50mm hose

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:13 pm »
That's a short hose.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »
What diameter hose do they supply it with? How have you connected 50mm hose? Is there a deflector inside the intake in the drum?

This one?   http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-multi-30t-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

Or was it modified as a guttervac before you bought it?

Avo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:32 pm »
Fexi 5 metre hose, 50mm diameter with 50mm cuffs..
Comes with 38mm diameter hose but I'd never run any vac on 38mm

Avo

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:08:50 pm »
That's the one  ;D

No mods needed I think the vac inlet diameter is 54mm..

Push Fit and go  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
I've always used 38mm without a problem, carbon tubes aren't much bigger anyway. Biggest blockage happens at the deflector plate - I usually saw a bit off.

Avo

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:14 pm »
Dave trust me when I say 50mm is like turbo charging your vacs power delivery.. I've tried and tested both and have both in the garage..
It's not about blockage it's about power delivery and performance

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:31:36 pm »
Not the exact question you asked but.............. we're using the guttervac systems one as sold by machine mart, the stainless steel one. Excuse me if i'm wrong, but you have one of the more powerfull 3000w motors from Kiam ? We got one too, we dont use it no more. The machine mart /gutter vac one seems just as powerful eve though it about 12/1400 w.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cvac30ssr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

WE use it in conjunction with the gardiners/grippa poles.

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

LBWCS

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »
I have the above. Only thing iv found is be aware of burning it
Out. Give it a little rest if your on a large job. Great power tho. Not quite good enough for those really big pieces of grass I find

Avo

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »
Not the exact question you asked but.............. we're using the guttervac systems one as sold by machine mart, the stainless steel one. Excuse me if i'm wrong, but you have one of the more powerfull 3000w motors from Kiam ? We got one too, we dont use it no more. The machine mart /gutter vac one seems just as powerful eve though it about 12/1400 w.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cvac30ssr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

the foam filters burn the motor out really quick I find.. The suction is greater on the nilfisk 1800w and the filters amazing..

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

I have one of those 3000w things but rarely use it - it's too big and cumbersome. Lidl vac (1500w) gets used all the time with S2 base sections and 38mm hose. Does most domestic work. Just thinking of buying the Nilfisk 1800W - has a better filter and looks ok.

Avo

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 09:51:57 pm »

do you use 50mm hose on your vac king?

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »

the foam filters burn the motor out really quick I find.. The suction is greater on the nilfisk 1800w and the filters amazing..

Thats interesting. We got ours about 2 years ago, and when we got the more powerfull 3000w motor we sort of neglected it and used it for cleaning up after pressure washing jobs, so we've had the drum full of water and debris and had no problems yet with the motor or the filter. Found the 3000w motor to heavy and cumbersome so its been resumed to full status again as a gutter cleaner. Noprobs here so far with the machine mat one and its had some stick.

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 09:58:43 pm »

do you use 50mm hose on your vac king?

I think the hose is 50 mm, we got ours from Nick at guttervacs, out Norfolk way ?

Avo

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04:05 pm »
I got 50 to 60 jobs from mine then the motor just dropped power one day.. Great little vac!!
I to think the kiam vac is to big for me hence why I stick to the small vac

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:22 pm »
Tip for the Nilfisk 1800w-

I bought some sheets of pre-filter material. Wrap it round the inner core filter & tac it there with duct tape. Keeps the main filter clean for longer as it takes an age to dry once you wet it.

The Nilfisk Multi 30 is a top quality product- far superior to the Karcher piece of crap that I had to take back as unfit for purpose & couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!

Avo

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 10:40:45 pm »

I bought some sheets of pre-filter material. Wrap it round the inner core filter & tac it there with duct tape. Keeps the main filter clean for longer as it takes an age to dry once you wet it.

The Nilfisk Multi 30 is a top quality product- far superior to the Karcher piece of crap that I had to take back as unfit for purpose & couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!
??? Wrap the filter or cage

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »

??? Wrap the filter or cage

Filter. You buy it in sheets (approx 1 ft square) if I remember right. Wrap a piece round the core filter & hold it on with a piece of tape & the filter will last so much longer. Also, if the wrap clogs up, just replace with a fresh one & wash the other. If you have to wash the core filter you will have a wait on 'till it dries. This only works with dry work & is a life saver if the bag bursts.

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 04:23:34 pm »
well it arrived today. The hose they supply looks less than 38mm so I'm doing a bit of head scratching to get mine to fit. looks like I'll have to butcher their cuff and fit mine on the outside somehow. I'd be interested to know how a 50mm hose fits.
Quality, ermmm well it doesn't appear to be very robust  :o It's the motor I'm more interested in. I'll tell you what though, my Lidels version (1500W) is an absolute steal - about £60 a couple of years back.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 08:42:00 pm »
well it arrived today. The hose they supply looks less than 38mm so I'm doing a bit of head scratching to get mine to fit. looks like I'll have to butcher their cuff and fit mine on the outside somehow. I'd be interested to know how a 50mm hose fits.
Quality, ermmm well it doesn't appear to be very robust  :o It's the motor I'm more interested in. I'll tell you what though, my Lidels version (1500W) is an absolute steal - about £60 a couple of years back.

Which one you got Dave- 30 multi? Mine is of super quality & very robust- comparing it to the Karcher it replaced.

It's had some right abuse (albeit not for gutter cleaning), it's sucked rubble, soot, plaster the lot without issue!!

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »
Got this one from Argos   http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-multi-30t-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

Got it going with my 38mm hose. It seems to have loads of suction. Diabolical instruction booklet  :o
Nowhere to coil the flex either but very light.

Avo

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 08:56:38 pm »
I will measure my hose cuffs on my 50mm hose tomoro for you, I have 2 one is sky vac and the others nicks at guttercleaningsystems

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 08:57:36 pm »
Got this one from Argos   http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-multi-30t-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

Got it going with my 38mm hose. It seems to have loads of suction. Diabolical instruction booklet  :o

Same as mine, had it about 18 months now I think. If I remember right, I think I coil the flex then hang it round the crevice nozzle when stuck in the tool holder on top. ;)

I can say mine is top quality, I hope they haven't reduced their quality since!!

Avo

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »

+1 good bit of kit lasting every well
Same as mine, had it about 18 months now I think. If I remember right, I think I coil the flex then hang it round the crevice nozzle when stuck in the tool holder on top. ;)

I can say mine is top quality, I hope they haven't reduced their quality since!!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 05:20:41 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 05:23:12 pm »
Used it today for a gutter clean and it's got loads of suction for a little'un, filter stays pretty clear and is dead easy to remove and clean. Good unit I think.

Avo

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »
Last job of the day I had a mare on.. Tiles were far to over hung and couldn't get the finest nozzles in it to clean

brad t

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 11:14:41 pm »
Avo do both hose sets fit the vac ???
Thanks B

Avo

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 07:37:05 am »
Yes the guttercleaningsystem hose and sky vac hose I have fit the nilfisk vac with out mods needed

Avo

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 07:43:48 am »
http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_74&sort=20a&page=2

Im sure there 51mm hose and cuff is the one I have matey