Lee Burbidge

The Magazine
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:18 am »
For anyone that reads the Window Cleaning Magazine the latest issue is out now. Also there is a great magazine mash up between the US magazine and the UK magazine in JULY 2013 http://youtu.be/AQgB0Nl4y2Y

Is any one attending the Cleaning Show in March, if so we are covering that so come and have a beer :)

If you cant make it to the IWCA Convention and trade show in Florida US or the Cleaning Show, Birmingham, UK dont worry the Window Cleaning Magazine will bring you it all as we are covering both events for the magazine. We will make sure we get it on film for you too so that we can bring you all the new released products and business ideas for those interested in that.

Incidentally, how many are you going to the Cleaning Show?

(tried to upload the front cover of latest WCM but the folder is full, im told :( )

bobplum

Re: The Magazine
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:34 am »
Hi Lee
Great mag,look forward to reading it
one gripe....do you feel its necessary to have so much american coverage

bob

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:56 am »
I was going to post that point too Bob !

I thought for a minute that i had downloaded the American version  ;D

We are not being racist are we Bob ?  ;D ;D

Rich   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:53:32 am »
Hi guys - yeah it is something that has been mentioned to me before. Sometimes when I am planning the work and layout of the mag it has just fell heavy on US side a little but I will address the balance. The yanks have been keen to get in the mag for some reason?? Also I want to include other input from countries such as India, Australia, European countries.

Because we are online its viewed by the world. Did you know that there are only 3 window cleaning magazines in the world. 2 in the US and little old me in the UK.

One of the US magazine has been going since the early 70's and WCBO and WCM have way more readers for the short time we have been o n the market. Of course I think WCM is the best out of the lot and I intend to work on making it better..... love the feed back guys.

gavinb

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:15 am »
Im going to the cleaning show and so are a few others from the "other " forum .

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 11:16:46 am »

Rich   

not racist but we should take the colonies back :D
im not against the american stories i just felt the slant was going the wrong way has a article ever been done on mr gardiner? for instance
i suppose the problem lee has is keeping it interesting and varied so good luck to him

R.C Property

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:17 am »
hey lee, might try and get there to have a look around, and to try and get that beer we never had time for last time! lol

g.brookes

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:56:03 am »
its a free magazine so i  think we should be happy with what we get.  window cleaning  can be pretty damn boring and if we just stayed in the UK for the inspirational stories it'd just  be interviews with the same 5 guys.  One thing ive learnt the most from is the American guys upselling of other services and packages.  I think in the UK we dont really do much with that, whereas we are actually in a great position once our customers know and trust us to rinse our customers for 4 or 5 different services, rather than just a monthly window clean.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:59:36 am »
Im going to the cleaning show and so are a few others from the "other " forum .

Cool will be great to meet you.  ;D

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:00:46 pm »

Rich   

not racist but we should take the colonies back :D
im not against the american stories i just felt the slant was going the wrong way has a article ever been done on mr gardiner? for instance
i suppose the problem lee has is keeping it interesting and varied so good luck to him

Yes we did an article and interviewed Alex Gardiner in the first or second issue :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
hey lee, might try and get there to have a look around, and to try and get that beer we never had time for last time! lol

That be cool dude, think Wulfy is going too. He lives in Bromi...  ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 12:03:44 pm »

Well that's if they let him in! Lol be good to see him again too!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 12:06:00 pm »
its a free magazine so i  think we should be happy with what we get.  window cleaning  can be pretty damn boring and if we just stayed in the UK for the inspirational stories it'd just  be interviews with the same 5 guys.  One thing ive learnt the most from is the American guys upselling of other services and packages.  I think in the UK we dont really do much with that, whereas we are actually in a great position once our customers know and trust us to rinse our customers for 4 or 5 different services, rather than just a monthly window clean.

yeah there is definite differences and that ( IMO) is what makes WCM more interesting. The diversity and styles of different approaches to work and markting your business to the products used for both this country and across the world is amazing and alot of ideas can easily cross borders.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »

The Cleanit up VanFest reunion LMAO  ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »

Yer all 3 of us! Lol

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:10 pm »

Yer all 3 of us! Lol

lol - great vid this http://youtu.be/yxudd5sa-nw You made some changes Cluey?? :)

R.C Property

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:28 pm »

Yer all 3 of us! Lol

lol - great vid this http://youtu.be/yxudd5sa-nw You made some changes Cluey?? :)

Yer just a few lol, plus it's in the garage this weekend having work done on it, starter motor went on it Friday! Lol

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »
Bummer..... need to do some maintenance on mine and get licking windows this week!!

R.C Property

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »
Bummer..... need to do some maintenance on mine and get licking windows this week!!

Yer get mine back sometime tomorrow, I told my misses that I'm taking her car out tomorrow so kitted it out with barrels, pump, hose poles and trad gear so it should be fun!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:45:40 pm »

Yer get mine back sometime tomorrow, I told my misses that I'm taking her car out tomorrow so kitted it out with barrels, pump, hose poles and trad gear so it should be fun!

Bet she loved that idea lol Did you see the SNOW GAME in the Window Cleaning Magazine FB Group the other day?... was so funny. People had to guess the window cleaning equipment that were covered in snow. The winner was Tony and Daniel jointly from the US ( but it was very close ) they won a whole bunch of blue window cleaning cloths. Tony got extra. He dosent get Curly Wurlys over there so Im sending him a couple, he likes them lol. Think the Curly Wurlys raised the level of the game lmao