SB Cleaning

New Aquadapter mk3XL
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:27:35 pm »
Looks like aquadapter are releasing another AD the XL even lighter......cant wait ;D

ben M

Re: New Aquadapter mk3XL
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 04:33:26 pm »
Available next week, the Aqua-dapter™ Mk3XL…

is very light, only 125g (lighter than an iPhone 4)
    has a new shorter, barbed, outlet pipe
    easy to fit (no modification to the pole needed)

Now 125g…
- 45g lighter than a Mk3L
- 55g lighter than a Mk3
- 90g lighter than a Mk2

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:35 pm »
Available next week, the Aqua-dapter™ Mk3XL…

is very light, only 125g (lighter than an iPhone 4)
    has a new shorter, barbed, outlet pipe
    easy to fit (no modification to the pole needed)

Now 125g…
- 45g lighter than a Mk3L
- 55g lighter than a Mk3
- 90g lighter than a Mk2
Sounds about right...just ordered mine ;D

evo

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:23:43 pm »
when are they ready to order

sorry meant to say when will they be in stock

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25:59 pm »

Now...ordered mine earlier :)

JackieW

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
Because I have a fairly new SLX I've found most of the weight of the Aquadapter seems to be the stem that allows it to fit into the pole. Is it the 'pole adapter'?

This isn't shown on the pictures on the site with the Aquadapter and probably isn't included in the weight although I haven't weighed my MK3.

I wonder if the new one still has the same attachment

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:22 pm »

sorry meant to say when will they be in stock
25th

evo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 05:44:08 pm »
Because I have a fairly new SLX I've found most of the weight of the Aquadapter seems to be the stem that allows it to fit into the pole. Is it the 'pole adapter'?

This isn't shown on the pictures on the site with the Aquadapter and probably isn't included in the weight although I haven't weighed my MK3.

i have a slx 22 and found when i cut the quick release off and glued the thread into the pole it dose make it lighter. but don,t use the one that comes with the slx its to heavy use the small one that comes with the clx,s i hope that helps

chez

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »
After much debate I decided to order the mark 3 L. But Paul very kindly sent me an email saying that the order was being held back so as I can have the new mark 3 XL. Very kind and I would call that good service! Cheers to the guys at Aqua-dapter!

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 05:59:51 pm »

The stem you are referring to wont make much difference to the end weight of the pole, and the new AD will sill have that, what they have done is produce a lighter tap inside the AD, which is lighter, I've always thought this what gave it the most weight. Hopefully it will be a big improvement.

jon lorentsen

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »
Just received email from them earlier today it looks like big improvement as the weight issue is what puts me off using it.

wfp master

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:30 pm »
Really dont think they are worth almost 50 quid .
A tap does me fine under a tenner. Always people on here with problems with them. springs going. jamming on ect ect.

bumper

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
Is there a offer were you put in and get a fiver off and will you need a clamp for the slx that's another fiver.all together it comes to 65 pound with vat

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:08 pm »
You can put Leereed in coupon code and get £5 off

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 11:22:52 am »
Hi sfwc,

I think it's often the case with any product that the minority who have a problem are those who post, partly to find out if anyone else has also experienced it.

The vast majority for who things work fine often don't feel the need to post.  We get really good feedback too, so I'm not complaining!

Some of the posts less enthusiastic posts I've seen recently are from people who've only used old models (which the majority were very happy with anyway), the newer models are all much lighter and have other improvements too.

We did have an issue early on with the springs.  The latest ones last much longer.  We replace broken ones under the warranty and spares don't cost much.

The "jamming" issue was with one single batch of Mk2s, unfortunately the ones sold at the Cleaning Show 2011.  If the product is kept clean, without any lubricant being put in, which actually causes problems, then they don't jam.

We give a 12 month warranty and the price also includes 8m of our orange hose, which is really popular.  We also offer a 28 day money back satisfaction guarantee.

Paul

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
I've got two mk2's which are 2 years old now, each have had 2 springs. They have given us perfect service.

We used to go through on/off taps every couple of months, so tbh our experience is that the A/D's have saved us money on replacement taps and fitting time over this period.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:12:31 pm »
I've got two mk2's which are 2 years old now, each have had 2 springs. They have given us perfect service.

We used to go through on/off taps every couple of months, so tbh our experience is that the A/D's have saved us money on replacement taps and fitting time over this period.

have they really been around that long now  ???  i remember getting my first mk1 doesn't seem like six months ago... :o

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »
Hi Darran,

The first ones sold were in June 2010 (many months testing before then of course). Just looked up your order for a Mk1... August 2010!  :o

Paul

ben M

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »
Hi Paul,

I have a slx25 with carbon gooseneck, do i still need a adapter with the new mk3XL? if yes,what is the weight of this adapter? thanks

Ben

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:55 pm »
Hi Ben,

Yes, you would need an End Screw.  The one we supply if you select "Gardiner QR Clamp (for CL-X or SL-X)" next to "Pole Adapter" is http://www.aqua-dapter.co.uk/accessories/quick-release-pole-adapter-end-screw/ which has a longer shaft to spread load further down the pole.  From memory it's approx 60g (we don't make it).

Paul