GDwindowcleaning

Re: what would YOU like to Learn about Social Media ?
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »
My new business gets all its work from social media and has not cost me a penny in advertising, I see it as similar to leafleting... The more you put out there and network, the more work it will bring...

Ian has helped me massively with advice on all forms of internet marketing and he knows what he is talking about so it wouldn't do people harm to listen...

Window Washers

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 06:04:00 pm »
Why ask Nat to remove his link?

Interesting link I thought. Keep it there Nat.

Especially as my website is on there  ;)

What actually qualifies you as a social media expert by the way Ian? Have you got an NVQ?
did I say I was a social media expert or did you dave ?
I will let Nat decide if he understands what I mean. I am not dragging this post down so if you have a question about social media please ask it and will see if I can cover it.
Directing questions at me are not what this post is about.

Ian, don't tell me when I can and can't post you berk.

I asked why you think your information would be regarded as the best. Seeing you have no qualifications to write a guide in the first place. How do we know it's for real?
You've set yourself out to be an expert on this - you might not have a clue what you're talking about.
i didn't tell you when or where you can post, please read it again mate, I said if you have a question about social media I would try and answer it. I'm not forcing you or anyone to read it. You having a bad day  :-*

P.s sorry if it came across as me telling where to post was not at all meant to I just don't want this getting into a pointless post that's all
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »
No I'm having a good day. So what qualifications do you have in Social Media? Have you been to uni and studied I.T.?

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »
Do you need qualifications to be a window cleaner Dave?

If you don't like what Ian is trying to do just don't read it, seems you never answer me though as I could have answered a couple of your questions...

Steve Sed

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »

Apparently yes. We're all doing it wrong.  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »
My new business gets all its work from social media and has not cost me a penny in advertising, I see it as similar to leafleting... The more you put out there and network, the more work it will bring...

Ian has helped me massively with advice on all forms of internet marketing and he knows what he is talking about so it wouldn't do people harm to listen...

Whats your new business your using social media then?? Whats the web address.
Im interested to see what you are doing tech wise.
I bet it is something like fixing smashed phones or something.

Mick you got it in one, its a massive market and only going to grow...

Why do I get the feeling all you are going to do is slag it off?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »
Get off,the pair of you,thats Ian and GD or come on here and explain what it is going to do and why and how to do it.
Get pragmatic,talk pragmatically or stop wasting everyone`s time.

GD`s got a whole new business from social media,i`d like to see the accounts.You lads are putting in 90 hrs a week talking and not earning.Well when you have the proper answers come back with them and stop idealising.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 06:18:06 pm »

Apparently yes. We're all doing it wrong.  ;D

Too true lol on a serious note though its a valid point, social media advisors are generally people who love marketing and don't have relevant qualifications, that doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »
Get off,the pair of you,thats Ian and GD or come on here and explain what it is going to do and why and how to do it.

GD`s got a whole new business from social media,i`d like to see the accounts.You lads are putting in 90 hrs a week talking and not earning.Well when you have the proper answers come back with them and stop idealising.

Nameless Drudge strikes again... Pathetic...

roundbuilder

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/techrepairsuk

Its hardly a breakthrough business fixing mobile phone screens though is it.
You are making out you are some sort of guru.

My mate has a stall on dagenham market where as well as selling phone and computer accesories he also fixes them too. He gets so much repair work through being on the stall and people seeing him there each week and gets recomendations through good work.
I cant see how twitter or facebook would come anywhere near to haveing your own stall or shop just like i cant see social media being anywhere near as good as old fashioned leaflets, canvassing or word of mouth. Im no expert though as never tried advertising on social media but from what i have seen on yours it isnt that great.

Window Washers

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »
No I'm having a good day. So what qualifications do you have in Social Media? Have you been to uni and studied I.T.?
cool, i have no formal qualifications, i don't believe there is one in social media (could be wrong) but it changes so fast i can't see how one would be relevant anyway I have on the other hand spent a long time looking right into this and I am placed closely with people that do this as a business daily around the world in a very big way, so I guess I'm well placed from where I am sat. Maybe not in yours but I'm not pushing this on you or anyone.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 06:23:14 pm »

Whats your new business your using social media then?? Whats the web address.
Im interested to see what you are doing tech wise.
I bet it is something like fixing smashed phones or something.

Mick you got it in one, its a massive market and only going to grow...

Why do I get the feeling all you are going to do is slag it off?

No way will i slag it off. I admire ambitious people.
I didnt agree with Your views with your canvassing but wouldnt slag something i know nothing about off. My mate has so much money from fixing smashed screens, he has tought me a lot with fixing blackberry track pads and speaker installing etc. i find it facinating how much money there is in fixing broken phones and also how easy it is as my mate learnt it all from youtube tutorials.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 06:26:22 pm »

My mate has a stall on dagenham market where as well as selling phone and computer accesories he also fixes them too. He gets so much repair work through being on the stall and people seeing him there each week and gets recomendations through good work.
I cant see how twitter or facebook would come anywhere near to haveing your own stall or shop just like i cant see social media being anywhere near as good as old fashioned leaflets, canvassing or word of mouth. Im no expert though as never tried advertising on social media but from what i have seen on yours it isnt that great.

Mick you are just a troll who needs to get a life, where have I said I am some kind of guru? You show me where and I will put a grand into your account tomorrow.

I never said its groundbreaking either you absolute lovely nice man

Now crawl back under your rock

And before you say anything I know you will say this is your entertainment and you enjoy winding people up but you are just too much....

Dave Willis

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »

If you don't like what Ian is trying to do just don't read it, seems you never answer me though as I could have answered a couple of your questions...

What have you asked me  ???

roundbuilder

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »

Mick you are just a troll who needs to get a life, where have I said I am some kind of guru? You show me where and I will put a grand into your account tomorrow.

I never said its groundbreaking either you absolute p......k

Now crawl back under your rock

And before you say anything I know you will say this is your entertainment and you enjoy winding people up but you are just too much....

Where did that come from. So rude.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »
It's really quite sad Mick, I feel so sorry for you if this is the best entertainment you can find....

Constant sniping gets very boring...

gewindows

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »
GD what business are you in? Is your main income window cleaning?

roundbuilder

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:36 pm »
It's really quite sad Mick, I feel so sorry for you if this is the best entertainment you can find....

Constant sniping gets very boring...

Actions speek louder than words so i searched your social media account. I dont see the problem at all so why do you??.
Its there for the world to see isnt it, maybe you will get some more followers from it.

Window Washers

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »

I thought i have made clear what I am doing, I'm asking what questions people wanted to know about social media so I could cover this. I earn from my window cleaning business I'm not sure i follow what your getting at or meaning nameless, I don't work with GD and I don't know about his business your talking about or accounts  ???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:47 pm »
GD

please leave the personal insults and swearing.

calling someone a P***K will not be tolerated