James Leet

FAO Window Washers
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »
In this message you asked me some questions

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=161191.msg1341286#msg1341286

I answered them due to the fact i have nothing to hide

I asked 2 questions which you ignored all last night i guess you must have missed before Mr Willis renewed his advertising campaign ( thus meaning the messages that were tricky for you both were locked ) nothing like censorship eh ?

Here are the Questions

Do You have a vested interest in all of this, do you do work for Mr Willis ?

Marks Question, Do your staff cordon 25 ft around a house when they clean windows ? which would mean forcing pedestrians onto the road ?

James Leet

Re: FAO Window Washers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »
Your lack of response i guess means

Do You have a vested interest in all of this, do you do work for Mr Willis ?

Yes, thus you had a vested interest and your defense for Mr Willis was due to that

Marks Question, Do your staff cordon 25 ft around a house when they clean windows ? which would mean forcing pedestrians onto the road ?

No, Of course you do not, its not practical, so you did not want to look a hypocrite

I was decent enough to answer your questions when you asked them, i missed the first time you asked them, so you asked again

You have not replied, you have ignored my questions time and time again, not exactly the actions of a helpful decent bloke you portray

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:45:00 pm »
Unfortunately Windowsloshers can't answer the question. He obviously doesn't cordon off the area like none of us do.
He won't tell you this because we'll all roll about laughing at the irony of it all. He's like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment and doesn't know which way to run. "Do I sidle up to Impact 'cos I like my job or do I pretend to be one of the boys?"
Got to laugh about it really  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »
I'm not employed by anyone, nor do I feel the need to be 'one of the boys', but I am a mod and I have had a complaint from a regular member about Mr Leet.

Mr Leet, I've no problems with 'your problem'; they make me smile, but please kindly try to keep it all in one post and not let it spread into other posts.

Thanks. 

Tosh

concept

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:13 pm »
Ian is a good guy, who has helped many, including me, over the years. Why? Because he can, and because he likes to.

I think you are being a bit pedantic James, and you know the answer to the question regarding cordoning off, as it is common sense.

Regarding what he does with the Willis family or Impact43, I am sure I read somewhere that he volunteers his time, as he as actual experience in the field, as opposed to theory. I could be wrong, and if I am and he gets paid for it, then thats up to him.

I know the thread was a little contentious, but Ian did freely give his details, so why don't you contact him direct rather than on here?

Halfadaylee

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 03:25:15 pm »
Ian is a good guy, who has helped many, including me, over the years. Why? Because he can, and because he likes to.

I think you are being a bit pedantic James, and you know the answer to the question regarding cordoning off, as it is common sense.

Regarding what he does with the Willis family or Impact43, I am sure I read somewhere that he volunteers his time, as he as actual experience in the field, as opposed to theory. I could be wrong, and if I am and he gets paid for it, then thats up to him.

I know the thread was a little contentious, but Ian did freely give his details, so why don't you contact him direct rather than on here?

I agree with most of that but I am surprised Ian has not responded, even if it's to tell James to sling his hook
Art

James Leet

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »
I'm not employed by anyone, nor do I feel the need to be 'one of the boys', but I am a mod and I have had a complaint from a regular member about Mr Leet.

Mr Leet, I've no problems with 'your problem'; they make me smile, but please kindly try to keep it all in one post and not let it spread into other posts.

Thanks. 

Tosh

Apologies Tosh

I thought a post might grab his attention, it must have but he chose to ignore it like Mark has posted, which is a shame as i was decent enough to answer his questions when he pulled me up on it i guess it hasnt

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
has anyone seen any Impact advertising lately, looks like it has dissappeared

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »
Is there a safety policy for posting on CIU
With maybe a Hazards statement as well  ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 04:12:48 pm »
Look beneath yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou............

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:39 pm »
oh balls, lol  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 04:14:25 pm »
blind window cleaner  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 04:25:15 pm »
I dunno why James has got a bee in his bonnet with Impact or whatever, but I doubt the posts he's creating is doing them any harm.  When you've got someone on a permanent angry bus, my personal perception is that it's them that has the problem.

And another reason for Window Washers not posting is that he's being the grown up and not getting drawn into a silly argument; he's able not to have to 'chase the stick'.

I reckon more people will have clicked on Impact's advertising because of James's negativity. 

Just my thoughts.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »
Hi Tosh

Did you know James's real name is not James

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »
Hi Tosh

No, but my real name isn't Tosh, it's Kendonakasaki.

What's his real name?  Do we know him?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:05 pm »
James Might have a bee in his bonnet, granted. BUT, his sentiments are fundamentally correct!

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
Hi Tosh

What's his real name?  Do we know him?

I thought it was just plain Ken! Since when did you have a Japaneese sounding name? :-)

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »
My real name is David Willis ........ careful what you say!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »
I know that, I know everything

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »
Do you? What's the forecast for tomorrow?

gewindows

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 05:51:58 pm »
James Might have a bee in his bonnet, granted. BUT, his sentiments are fundamentally correct!

That may or may not be true. However in life it's not what you say but how you say it and I'd say there's probably a good number of forum users who've seen his modus operandi, relentlessly, and they're longer turned on by it. Quite the opposite probably.

gewindows

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »
Do you? What's the forecast for tomorrow?

Did you mean forecast or actual?

The actual is a bit of weather here and a bit of weather there.

If its the forecast you want, then that's here http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

king marko

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »
Hi Tosh

What's his real name?  Do we know him?
Public warning methinks  ;D ;D

As for window washer/Ian - I don't know him but if he's pulling a wage from Impact so what? Must a decent amount for him to do it, I wouldn't turn it down :)
If he's doing it for free, then he goes up further in my estimation
Just shows he really cares about what he does - nothing wrong with that

James Leet

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »
Hi Tosh

Eh ?

It Is the name i was born with  ;)

Not a bad idea, discredit the member asking difficult questions about the way this board is run

James Leet

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 10:25:04 am »
Hi Tosh

What's his real name?  Do we know him?
Public warning methinks  ;D ;D

As for window washer/Ian - I don't know him but if he's pulling a wage from Impact so what? Must a decent amount for him to do it, I wouldn't turn it down :)
If he's doing it for free, then he goes up further in my estimation
Just shows he really cares about what he does - nothing wrong with that

He was involved in a thread with about the cordoning of the area you work in, If he is involved with Mr Willis, he had a Vested interest in the course that Mr Willis runs, so we have to take that into account with his posts

If he was Honest and came out and said ' yes i work with Mr Willis ' then we will know where we stand with his biased posts

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:42 am »
James

Ian is a very honest guy, and respectful to others.

It is common knowledge that Ian works with Impact

Maybe he just doesn't want to speak to you.

The cordoning off applies to busy public areas, I don't think it apply's to domestic areas, I think we all got the gist if that as well.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 01:32:01 pm »
Hi Tosh

Why on earth would you post something like that?

???
It's a game of three halves!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »
Gold

Why on earth would you ask why I would post something like that ?

???

king marko

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »
Gold

Why on earth would you ask why I would post something like that ?

???

David,
Why on earth would you ask Gold why he was asking why you would post something like that?
 ;D ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 05:30:15 pm »
why

Washing Windows

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 06:43:45 pm »
why

Because where there are forums there are trolls.  :o

Duncan

mark dew

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 10:01:38 pm »
Ian is a nice bloke that's obvious to anyone who has read his posts since he joined here.
But he is in it to promote himself for business reasons. That is also plain to see.

He is a bit cloak and dagger with info that he thinks is esoteric, but will tell you if you give him a call.
He may question your intelligence or ignorance if you don't agree with the whole instead of some of his message.
I personally think he waffles (like an actor in a play milking the applause) when he can get to the point, bring closure then move onto something else important.
But that is just my opinion based on me having a different way.

But i do like ian, knowing him from here of course. He isn't malicious, he posts helpful stuff (after he's built up the suspense), and now he's involved with impact43. Which i don't doubt for 1 second is with a desire to promote the industry in some way.
Ian is a good man.
But through it all he will always be the businessman who is exploring options to make money.
There's more to respect him for than to look for c****s.   ;D