Blue Frog Systems

What would you spend it on ?
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:24:24 am »
Ok guys, What would you do ?

You have £500 to spend on marketing .... how would you use this to get as many customers as possible ?

No round builders as i dont trust them any more.

Have been offered a front page advert in the local free papers (2 seperate ones) that cover 90k population between the two of them for £200 per week.

Your thoughts please
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Re: What would you spend it on ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:33:00 am »
Jp

Do not advertise in these papers, I ran a few adverts in the Birmingham Evening Mail and only picked up 1 job for £20.

If you have leaflets then spend the £500 on paying for them to be delivered, if you don't have any leaflets then order some and do the above.

or take on a door to door canvasser who just gets the lead, you close the deal, pay him a retainer of £50 per week plus £5 for each lead that converts to a sale.

Get him/her to use a gps tracker so you know he/she is working and where he/she has been knocking.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:54:59 am »

You have £500 to spend on marketing .... how would you use this to get as many customers as possible ?

Have been offered a front page advert in the local free papers (2 seperate ones) that cover 90k population between the two of them for £200 per week.

Your thoughts please

£500 = 6,400 very high quality leaflets delivered solus.
At a 0.5% response, that's 32 customers.

Vin

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:05 pm »

Your thoughts please

Vin

I have never achieved figures like that, normally I get about 10 customers per 4000

Ben wood

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:38 pm »
Vin who do you use to deliver them as I have tried a few and been turned over by them cheers Ben

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 01:18:42 pm »
Vin who do you use to deliver them as I have tried a few and been turned over by them cheers Ben

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=150762.0

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 01:19:53 pm »

Vin

I have never achieved figures like that, normally I get about 10 customers per 4000

Never dropped below 0.45%

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »
Get some to knock doors for you offer £5-£7 per new customer
Spit and polish

Tomboler

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »
Buy some comfortable shoes and get door knocking

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 08:13:34 pm »
jp i wouldnt spend that 500 quid on marketing,

the way i pick up new customers is by getting a friend to come out with me and whilst i'm cleaning my regular custys house he goes and canvass's the surrounding houses, he asks them if they want a windy and if they are interested he comes back to me and when i've finished the house im cleaning i go round to meet the custy nine times out of ten they accept my price and i clean the windows there and then, no driving about giving quotes, i meet the custy first, clean them there and then and they fit perfectly into my round, mosts days when we have done this i've done more first cleans for new custys than regulars

i then give the first clean price to my friend/canvasser, he is laughing thinking easy money and i'm happy because i've got a new custy and i have paid nothing up front.

anyone not in gets a leaflet and i also pick up custys from them.

recently i've been overwhelmed with work but hey rather be overworked than underpaid!