keyser soze

ro 4040 set up
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »
when setting my system up in july/august last year i couldn't get my ro to deliver good quality water prior to the di filters which read with tds was over 100. so i spoke to cleaning warehouse and i was told to bring it back where they would check if i set up system correctly and if that was ok  and they would try replacing the ro filter, so they changed ro filter and it was all good. they then said its possibly the ro filter was bad but instead of reimbursing me  or give the second ro filter for free they said they would send the filter back to manufacture to be tested and if the filter was ruined because i set it up wrong then i couldn't expect my money back,  anyway its been a few months now and still no word i was promised an email with the findings but even after speaking to them on several occasions no word. has anyone had any similar probs like this

king marko

Re: ro 4040 set up
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »
Let me get this straight - water from o/s tap goes straight to RO? Then thru filters? Or does it go thru pre-filters 1st? My tap Tds is about 350 once thru filters then RO it's 014 then DI polishes it off to 000

keyser soze

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »
Let me get this straight - water from o/s tap goes straight to RO? Then thru filters? Or does it go thru pre-filters 1st? My tap Tds is about 350 once thru filters then RO it's 014 then DI polishes it off to 000
no it goes through 2 pre filters then the ro and after polished off by the di vessel. point was i think i was sold a faulty ro membrane when first set up . when i changed the filter it worked as it should. and i thought by now i would have had some feedback from cleaning warehouse to what was up with the first(faulty) membrane. since ive had the second ro filter fittted its been 000 tds and working a treat ever since . i wondered if anyone as had a ro filter that has not worked as it should or is it uncommon for a filter ever to be faulty.the guys there always helpful on all kinds of advice but not getting any info on first filter as to what the prob was .

king marko

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »
I take it then they just left you to set up yourself ? Was it a self install system? Are they saying you may of put RO membrane in wrong way ? There's no way they could know that if you are sure you didn't - are they asking for more money or have you had to pay for a new membrane again?
I'd have thought it was highly unusual to provide someone with a faulty membrane mate

keyser soze

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »
possibly but they said it shouldn't make any difference once you spun it around and flushed it . not sure what was up with it . i did do a self install . very  happy with it apart from id really like to know about that first membrane its kept at 000 since i started although i think im about due some resin soon as i asked before has anyone had a prob like this or is it more likely i messed up on initial fitting of first membrane.cleaning warehouse promised to find out but they haven't yet. and its been a while

keyser soze

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:00:10 pm »
not asking for more money . just curious only remembered when thinking of resin change. what would you let tds get to before changing mark i been told so many different readings varying from 002 to 010 whats your thoughts

king marko

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
Silence is everything matey - they probably flogged knackered one on eBay and hope you forget about it

king marko

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »
I've let mine go to about 8 before mate - apparently matt used to let his go higher - I remember him telling me once to expect some complaints coz the water was dodgy !
Resin is fairly cheap fella so now when it Starts to creep up I buy some in - at least no one can blame your water if they complain

king marko

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:49 pm »
I also remember another bloke who did his own window cleaning on the side  ;) used a merlin system with a Tds out of 009 - he never bothered with a DI and never had complaints

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:16:33 pm »
Get straight on the phone tomorrow morning.

That is quite disgraceful customer service,there will be plenty of RO membranes out there that don`t perform as they should.

At the very very least they should have returned the one sent back even if they decided that your installation was at fault as its your property.

Post up their replies.

keyser soze

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »
i have spoke to them . about it they keep saying they are sorting it but i ve heard nothing .im sort of resigned to them telling me i broke it . its been several months now . regarding tds  1 guy i know says he lets it go 010 before sorting resin and another says it has to be 000 especially for the windows in direct sunlight. strange how opinions differ

king marko

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »
i have spoke to them . about it they keep saying they are sorting it but i ve heard nothing .im sort of resigned to them telling me i broke it . its been several months now . regarding tds  1 guy i know says he lets it go 010 before sorting resin and another says it has to be 000 especially for the windows in direct sunlight. strange how opinions differ
I suppose it comes down to your own personal experiences - I've never had a compliant about spotting and i also always do my own windows on a regular basis to double check quality

keyser soze

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »
i wouldn't know yet ive not been doing this long enough for my tds to creep up but after what you said i'm not gonna
worry if it goes up a little. but resin is about to get ordered. how often do you change pre filters 

king marko

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »
About every 3 months for prefilters chap - cheap as chips so just change as basic maintenance - I've used 1 bag of resin in a year and Tds is just starting to creep up now - its 001

keyser soze

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »
About every 3 months for prefilters chap - cheap as chips so just change as basic maintenance - I've used 1 bag of resin in a year and Tds is just starting to creep up now - its 001

thanks bud

mikecam

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »
I had a 40 40 HF5 from Gaps, never been 100% happy with it. I've had it pumped, unpumped and had it in various addresses with differing water quality. Short story is it was pumped to 80 PSI, TDS in 170ppm , TDS out was 20 (ish) ppm. Just bought this from Vyair.............
http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=190

It produces water from 170ppm input and the out put is 3/4ppm and that is pumped with one of these........
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/051012200

If i switch the pump off and just go on the tap pressure (40PSI) then the TDS rises slightly to 5ppm, although the fill time/production rate is REALLY slow.
 Thats my experiences with them anyway.
Another thing i changed about the way i do it, was previously i had a 10 inch 5 micron sediment filter and then a 10 inch carbon filter. I probably left the change time too long at every three months. A carbon filter is good for 5 micron anyway, so now i use two carbon filters, so hopefully if i change them more regular it should stop chlorine getting on the membrane and damaging it.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:26 pm »

Ask for it back,ask them  exactly what the current situation  is with this membrane and exactly where it is and whether its been tested by them or their supplier.Its quite possible that they bought a batch in bulk at a cheaper price and there exists no return policy with their supplier so you are getting blamed and palmed off,ask them if this is the case,ask them if  this time delay would be acceptable to them for any product they might purchase.

Something isn`t quite right here.