craig jwc

what would you recommend
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:16:17 pm »
What would you recommend to use to get the black watermarks of the facsia.
Got a couple of cleans after Christmas to do with these marks.
I have already tried to wipe them but can't get rid of marks.
Is there a cleaner/cream anyone would recommend??

Cheers
Craig

chris@c.m.s

Re: what would you recommend
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:09:14 pm »
I've read someware that neat gg4 works, could be expensive though for the amount you need to shift.
Sussex by the sea

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:20:42 pm »
Try jiff (or ziff) then rub a little car polish (not wax) to put shine back..
Never tried it myself as I tell them they have left it to long before having it cleaned and will cost a fortune to try and remove (too much hazzel)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

KJG

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 11:15:23 pm »
Never tried it myself as I tell them they have left it to long before having it cleaned and will cost a fortune to try and remove (too much hazzel)

Yep, same here, way too much hassle. Once the very thin glossy veneer has gone - it's gone and you're down to the cheap base plastic. I'd recommend to Craig that he's careful he doesn't cop for any damage etc. If the marks don't come out with a mild soap and very soft cloth, I'd give it a miss.

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 12:05:08 am »
Cheers for that guys.
The woman recons she got it off before with a pressure washer but that was about 8 years ago.
I'll tell her i'll try but as it has been on there for a while it probably has marked it perminent.

Cheers
Craig

JM123

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 01:34:08 pm »
If you're using ladders try dipping a soft floor brush into a sodium hypochlorite solution, usually comes in 11% form, mix this 1:1 with water, but use gloves and apply sparingly.  Its just a concentrated form of the active ingredient in bleach so you have to be reasonably careful not to get it on your clothes and in your eyes.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Morph

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 04:39:50 pm »
I think you'll find anything with bleach in will gradually turn upvc yellow!  You have been warned.
Don't take my word for it though.

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 08:55:17 pm »
Dont even waste you time , i always tell them that the black drips wont come out , its stuff like that that makes a job non viable , in my view , dont bust your arse on it !

Rich    P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 04:17:12 pm »
vehicle de-greasers like "driving force" from premiere products shoud get them off no probs if your on a ladder. its non abrasive and works very well, if your poling it, dont bust a gut,as everyone else said, just leave it.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 06:08:23 pm »
Ive used this and its the best out there by far no hard work comes straight off i promise http://www.fascias.com/en-gb/dept_7.html
Dont even waste you time , i always tell them that the black drips wont come out
they will with this guarantee

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 06:16:02 pm »
For really hard marks I use solvent cleaner, there's not alot that won't get off plastic then use a cream pvc cleaner to put the shine back.

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.