Ben Walker

Re: 30' alloy unger pole
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 04:51:58 pm »
To make a quick release vikan brush for the unger pole, do you think i could get an unger end cone section and screw and glue it into the vikan brush hole?

whatyathink?

cheers
ben

or (added later) does the angle joint itself not fit into a vikan, then you simply remove the angle jount from the pole in order to remove the brush??

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 05:40:38 pm »
To make a quick release vikan brush for the unger pole, do you think i could get an unger end cone section and screw and glue it into the vikan brush hole?

whatyathink?

cheers
ben

or (added later) does the angle joint itself not fit into a vikan, then you simply remove the angle jount from the pole in order to remove the brush??

Phone Mike at Cleantech, he will probably be able to sort you out with adaptors.

Peter

matt

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 06:02:40 pm »

whatyathink?

cheers
ben

Wintech do them, they are called Vikan / unger brush adaptors, they have had some metal machined and put on the end, only 8 quid if i remmber, works well

BUT

if you use a ungle angle adaptor, the angle needs to be fairly steep, as the bush also sets a angle

Ben Walker

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 06:24:22 pm »
BUT

if you use a ungle angle adaptor, the angle needs to be fairly steep, as the bush also sets a angle

you mean the Vikan / unger brush adaptors are not a straight linkage, but form an angle?

Ben

matt

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 06:33:06 pm »
BUT

you mean the Vikan / unger brush adaptors are not a straight linkage, but form an angle?

Ben

Vikan / unger brush adaptors are straight, BUT as the Vikan brush is a Brush, the threaded bit is at a angle, too be honest, the angle is about right, so no need for the Unger angle adaptor at all (though it is handy for windows above conserv etc etc)

Ben Walker

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 07:13:55 pm »
ah, yes, claro, entiedo,

makes sense now.

Cheers

ben  ;)

dai

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 05:43:49 pm »
I use the 30ft Unger too. I find that shower curtain rings are ideal for running the outside hose through. Dai