tomo

public liabilty...a must
« on: November 20, 2005, 01:45:58 pm »
i hadnt realised that my public liabiltiy had lapsed. having just started this week with wfp i was bricking it just in case my water froze at the end of the day jobs and customers slip on it. I now have cover... phew... but its a serious matter if someone does slip and hurt themselves they hear ch ching where there's a blame there's a claim its gettin like america. It does give peace of mind i know most of you all have it but if you dont, get it, dont be sorry. ;)

Regards

Tom

Pole2pole

Re: public liabilty...a must
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 02:00:35 pm »
Had the same thing friday mate. I do a "village", full of older folk. It didn't even dawn on me until one of them pointed it out the possibilty. And then sure enough, it started to happen.......i nearly went flying after walking on some ice, that "i'd" put there. It'd be hard to prove it was through my negligence i'd have thought, but that's no consolation to the old gal who needs a new hip  :-\ Still, something for all wfp'ers to bear in mind. Just hope this Big Freeze soon passes

H h20

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 02:05:15 pm »
Get yourself a load of cheap salt,it`s better to pay for that than an accident and it shows you are trying to prevent an accident,Gaz

matt

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:00:53 pm »
where do you buy road salt from anyways

I renewed my PL insurance today, it runs out tomorrow, they only phoned me FOUR times in the last 2 weeks to remind me

its only 96 quid, and thats with a bit extra to cover any carpentry work i do

neil100

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:17:29 pm »
Help yourself from the gritter bins.

Its free.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 08:33:54 pm »
Most hardware shops sell salt.
Not the big superstores like B&Q but the small handyman type.

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 08:36:32 pm »
Most hardware shops sell salt.
Not the big superstores like B&Q but the small handyman type.

Paul

I wasn't able to get holds of any today.  I bought some screenwash, a large spray bottle, and a floor squeegee instead until I can get some.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 10:22:43 pm »
Builders merchants sell it too.
It's a game of three halves!