tomo

technique..
« on: October 25, 2005, 04:49:37 pm »
Hi,

I will be starting up with water fed poles soon and after loads of research about the equipment and the benefits etc.. i was wondering what your technique of cleaning windows with wfp is? Has anyone been on the ionics course as they reckon they can teach you to "get the clean right first time not in 2. or 3 cleans". Whats the best way to avoid spotting?

That was what reuben from ionic led me to believe , i know its no magic wand i am not afraid of hard graft...been window cleaning trad. for 13 yrs carrying heavy trade ladders too :o,  Any help basically would be gratefully received..failing that i will have to concede and give ionic my hard earned..£115 :o( thats lunch as well ;)) thanks again in advance.

Regards

Tom

neil100

Re: technique..
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 05:16:42 pm »
Hi

Just had a demo at home today from Ionics.Got some tips on what to do and not what to do.

I was impressed with their cheap multipole, and their ergo-lite poles. He also demonstrated the thermo pure kit. Great warm hoses, that will be nice on a cold day.

I was very unimpresed though when he was getting the poles out of the van, He layed one with the brushhead facing down on the drive,thats nice I thought it will pick up all the dirt and sand thats on my drive, and the other 2 poles he rested the bristle  brushheads against the pebble dashing.

Dont put dirt on your brush heads by choice.

Go out with somebody for an hour or two who's got wfp. Then practice like crazy when you've got it.

Nel.

kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 05:18:58 pm »
Hi Tom

Make sure you give the top of the frame a good scrub that’s where most of your problems will come from, then work your way down the window in a side to side movement when you reach the bottom of the window work across the window in a up and down movement, then lift your brush off the window and rinse down the window in a side to side movement again.

I haven’t been on a course but picked up the technique from posts on this forum.

Hope that helps.

Kev

neil100

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 05:28:36 pm »
On my demo today,

He said not to pull the brush away from the window to rinse,Its bad for your back if your pole is at a big hight,and it was not neccearry with the quality of brush they have.

Dont know myself still looking to switch.

Nel

tomo

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 05:46:59 pm »
Thanks kev and neil hoping to start next week at some point ,waiting for the kit to be delivered at the moment. I have some family around will practice on their houses first i got four to do so hopefully will give me an idea how long to take etc .

Regards

Tom

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 05:50:19 pm »
Thanks kev and neil hoping to start next week at some point ,waiting for the kit to be delivered at the moment. I have some family around will practice on their houses first i got four to do so hopefully will give me an idea how long to take etc .

Regards

Tom

I'd show you, but it would be a case of the 'blind leading the blind'.  Why don't you give Roy or Ian a shout?

tomo

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 06:17:15 pm »
thanks Tosh hows it going with you and wfp? i will pop in for a cuppa sometime but you are working during the rain aren't you ;D. I may have to do the same myself soon if it keeps up at this rate and we havent even got to november yet (groan ::)). see you soon.

Regards

Tom

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 06:20:49 pm »
I've sent you an e-mail, but the weather has been a pain; but it's easier to work in the rain with a WFP than traditional.

So instead of doing just 'tops', in the rain I do bottoms as well.

It's better in the strong wind too!  No gripping onto window sills when a strong gust hits you.