Wc Solutions

Re: £1 per window?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:27 am »
Colin (or anyone that might be interested)

Not sure when you're thinking of buying but just to let you know in approx 6-8 weeks we'll be launching a 3000 watt 90 litre machine. If you want to give us a call or e-mail we can give you more details, you might be suprised at the price it will be.

you have mail  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 11:46:46 am »
When people say £1 a window, is that £1 for a large bay £1 for a frosted single pane bathroom window? It doesn't make sense to me to quote that method.

I've never understood that method of pricing, I can't believe people actually use it. Like you say its too hit and miss.

I just look at the house and if (say) its a half hour job the price is £x, an hours job would be £2x etc.

Alex Allen

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »
hi people,
                   ive just priced a school up this morning for windows and gutters, i went for the £1 per window approach, counted all the window and jotted them down, some really  small paines i just added 2-3 together and called it a pound,  got home and added it all up and it comes to £240 its all ground floor and a dodle to do think it could be done easy in under a day on my own.

does this seem ok to you? its my 1st big ish job ive priced and would like to get it but dont want to do it for nowt!

am i right with the £1 per paine say 3by 2 -2 by2?

any advise would be great

many thanks

colin

colin thats what you call pricing, counting windows
what about your cost, your time, your profit etc

I hope you get the work, but there is more you can do to secure winning the work

colin purewater

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »
hi people,
                   ive just priced a school up this morning for windows and gutters, i went for the £1 per window approach, counted all the window and jotted them down, some really  small paines i just added 2-3 together and called it a pound,  got home and added it all up and it comes to £240 its all ground floor and a dodle to do think it could be done easy in under a day on my own.

does this seem ok to you? its my 1st big ish job ive priced and would like to get it but dont want to do it for nowt!

am i right with the £1 per paine say 3by 2 -2 by2?

any advise would be great

many thanks

colin

colin thats what you call pricing, counting windows
what about your cost, your time, your profit etc

I hope you get the work, but there is more you can do to secure winning the work

i dont no if its the grammer but i really dont understand  ???
keep it simple