simon w

Pure Freedom Flowmaster users
« on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:48 pm »
Hi All.

Got two Pure Freedom Flowmasters fitted to my 650 L twin pump Isothermal system. One hose reel has 60 M minibore on it the other has 100 M minibore.

Just wondering what you have your pressure set to on the flowmasters? you digitally calibrate them unlike the old Varistreams that you do manually by taking the front panel off and adjusting the dial.

I have mine set at 45 but I'm finding the pumps aren't sensing a stop end when you unplug your pole so this is causing the hoselocks to pop off the hosereels.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks Folks  :)

lyndy

Re: Pure Freedom Flowmaster users
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
We have ours at 25-30

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:47:15 pm »
i just let it set itself using AUTOCAL.never had a problem.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:34 pm »
Hi Lyndy.

Thanks for your reply...I did lower it today to 20 but found this caused the pump to sense a (de) stop end so we didn't have water from the pole.

The 60M hosereel seems fine set at 45, but I guess the 100M is causing more back pressure?

I will give 25 a try tomo and see where we are  :)

simon w

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:11 pm »
i just let it set itself using AUTOCAL.never had a problem.

regards

dazmond

Hi Daz.

Auto cal whats this?  ???

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »
I have my Cal set at 55. I never have a problem with it now set this high.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

weetot

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:09 pm »
Autocalibrate. is Autocal.   If you read the instructions that came with the flowmaster it will tell you how to calibrate it and set it to whatever pressure you require. (without sounding too patronising, sorry)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »
simon

do you have a auto stop hoselocks ??????

i had same problem using the auto stop hoselocks,took them off for normal hoselocks and all fine.

simon w

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:58 pm »

Matt

So have you had problems with it before then? Guess you have to take into consideration the type of hose your using and how much you have on your reel, also perhaps hot water has an effect with the pressure settings too?

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 09:07:24 pm »
the digital flowmaster gives you the option to let it set itself.well it does on my 50l trolley system.

press up until the display shows 30.

press and hold up and enter button to go into calibration.

press down to select AUTOCAL,then enter start.

after several moments the calculated CAL value will be displayed and your ready to go!

press enter to exit calibration.

hope this helps

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:18 pm »
Autocalibrate. is Autocal.   If you read the instructions that came with the flowmaster it will tell you how to calibrate it and set it to whatever pressure you require. (without sounding too patronising, sorry)

My Flowmasters came fitted with the system, so I didn't get any instructions on settings at all.

weetot

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:24 pm »
It should still sense i,t and not blow the hozelocks off, I would contact Purefreedom for some advice if you aint gettin' it on here. :(

weetot

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:11:30 pm »
Or try googling flowmaster, and there may be a PDF on instructions  there somewhere   Best o luck.

simon w

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:25 pm »
the digital flowmaster gives you the option to let it set itself.well it does on my 50l trolley system.

press up until the display shows 30.

press and hold up and enter button to go into calibration.

press down to select AUTOCAL,then enter start.

after several moments the calculated CAL value will be displayed and your ready to go!

press enter to exit calibration.

hope this helps

dazmond

Thanks Daz I'll try this tomo and see if it does the trick.  :)

simon w

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:57 pm »
simon

do you have a auto stop hoselocks ??????

i had same problem using the auto stop hoselocks,took them off for normal hoselocks and all fine.

Yep using hoselocks orange ones with stop ends but PF fitted these so was guessing there compatible?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:40 pm »
i was having problems the other day,after using the system for a year,it kept blow the hoselock off,

couldnt figure out what was wrong,it seemed that the hoselock was not open up due to much preesure and then blow off,

so just change to a normal one,no adjusting and works, ::)

simon w

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »
i was having problems the other day,after using the system for a year,it kept blow the hoselock off,

couldnt figure out what was wrong,it seemed that the hoselock was not open up due to much preesure and then blow off,

so just change to a normal one,no adjusting and works, ::)

Hi Frank.

How do you know it wasn't your hoselocks that were worn out that was causing the problem? if you'd been using them for a year?

P.S saw your van parked up the other weekend between Longwell Green and Keynsham

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37:06 pm »

Matt

So have you had problems with it before then? Guess you have to take into consideration the type of hose your using and how much you have on your reel, also perhaps hot water has an effect with the pressure settings too?

First time I used it the Cal was only 15 and kept getting DE flashing on the display, called Purefreedom and they told me to increase the Cal to about 50.
Now when iot stops PS flashes instead (Pressure Switch).

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »
simon

i only had a normal hoselock on the van so had to use that,so until i try a new auto stop one then i wont know. ;)

that been a sunday morning,in the laybay waiting for all me parents to follow me to football,so they dont get lost ::) ::) ::) :P :P

lyndy

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:44 pm »
We had a short pipe one end went into the hose reel,the other into the van port.try taking the hoselock off the van port and put the hoselock off the short pipe onto van port

simon w

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »
simon

i only had a normal hoselock on the van so had to use that,so until i try a new auto stop one then i wont know. ;)

that been a sunday morning,in the laybay waiting for all me parents to follow me to football,so they dont get lost ::) ::) ::) :P :P

Hi Frank. Yes it was a Sunday morning I was off to Bath with her indoors for a bit of retail therapy  :'(