mikey

univalve hose
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:54:21 pm »
i dont like the blue hose  will the gardiners yellow all  season  be ok

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: univalve hose
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:57 pm »
That blue hose is PU hose and can be a real challenge to work with as it isn't as flexible as PVC hose.

Gardiners yellow all season hose will be ok but you might want to fit one of these:

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/complete-water-fed-pole-systems/general-accessories/base-cap-end-stop-33-35mm-dia-pole-base-1089.html

or something like it to protect the hose where it enters the pole as I found mine would regularly split due to constant kinking at this point. If you do get one make sure of your  pole measurement before you buy as the link I've provided is for reference only.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

mikey

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:32 am »
thanks m and c

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 08:43:20 pm »
Pu hose works the best with univalve, unlike m&c I've never had any problems using it, the pvc hose is too stretchy and may not operate the univalve properly

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tony dunmall

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:21:44 pm »
I get on alright with blue hose
Just put 100 meters on reel to see how it goes next week
May reduce it by 20 meters

ray mck

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:48:45 pm »
I like the blue hose👍🏻

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 11:05:19 pm »
Pu hose works the best with univalve, unlike m&c I've never had any problems using it, the pvc hose is too stretchy and may not operate the univalve properly

Darran

Hi Darran, what do you do to keep your hose flat on the floor? This is the one challenge I find with this hose. It's flat one minute and coiling up the next. Not necessarily along it's full length but enough to cause a trip hazard. I never had this problem with PVC hose. I prefer the PU hose but this is the one issue I have with it.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:50 am »
Never noticed as a problem , our standard practice is to have the pole hose in hand and pull off reel hose to job, there after it just behaves itself, maybe the first few days it's a bit resistant, but nothing long term.

Been using pu hose ever since the aquadaptor came out, in the red, orange, yellow and now blue version, love it far more than pvc hose.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:14 am »

Darran

Hi Darran, what do you do to keep your hose flat on the floor? This is the one challenge I find with this hose. It's flat one minute and coiling up the next. Not necessarily along it's full length but enough to cause a trip hazard. I never had this problem with PVC hose. I prefer the PU hose but this is the one issue I have with it.
The key is hose management.

Here's the procedure:

1) Plug  blue hose into your hose reel hose.
2) Walk with your pole until blue hose is fairly taught.
3) Rotate your pole while collapsed in the opposite direction to twist.
4) It will now lie as flat as any hose.

Please dont hesitate to ask any advice on any of my products.

Steven.

jk999

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 12:51:15 pm »
Just a bit off common sense really  ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 06:51:13 pm »
Thanks Steve, I use a trolley but I follow your suggestion as a rule. I usually connect at the trolley and straighten hose as you say then untwist it before connecting it to the pole (tubeless). It's generally fine unless as I'm working I put a twist or two back in it by my movements. In which case it starts to lift off the floor again. So I have to keep a constant eye on it for safety reasons. However, as I stated before I prefer it as it's lighter and I get better flow through it than PVC. But as you say the knack is in the management.