CLIVEDONNISON

STITCHED UP
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:17:56 pm »
Hi everyone

I just want everyone to know so it doesnt happen to you!

A member of this site user name SGLODS sold me a 650 ltr water tank for £100 includ delivery.I origionally emailed him sending him my phone number.He called me and we arranged that i would transfer the money to his account (seemed like a nice honest chap),he would call the courier to arrange delivery as soon as he received the money.
I transfered the funds the following day (10th aug).
I waited 5 days but nothing arrived.
I have tried calling him,i have text him and emailed him,no replies to any(i didnt get an address,YES i know im too trusting).
All i would say is WATCH OUT for him,seems to be a bit of a crook.

Clive

russ_clark

Re: STITCHED UP
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:24:40 pm »
That is called Deception mate.
Report to the plod.
You have the evidence of your Bank Transfer
They can get the details he used from the Forum Mods.
Don't let the Theiving B%&"^)d get away with it.
You may even get the tank and can drop any proceedings.

Kwackers

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:08:43 pm »
Shame stuff like this happening right before our eyes

Stevie G

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:25:37 pm »
same thing happend to my son when he paid for some trad gear.
not the same scum bag but another member from here.

gmccleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 03:31:02 pm »
Any chance the mods can send name & number to clive,surely that would help him getting somewhere

george

Kwackers

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 03:52:26 pm »
The Mod should be able to get the IP address from where he has been posting from...maybe you could go and collect with a few friends!  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 10:36:25 pm »
I will inform the site owners

Dave

easy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 11:20:03 pm »
Hi Clive,

I'm sure he is from Weymouth Dorset,if thats help you in anyway.

His ebay user id name is sglods.
Check the link and maybe you can ask either the sellers about getting details of contacting him.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sglods&ftab=AllFeedback

Good luck.

Tony............

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:47:48 am »
Any chance the mods can send name & number to clive,surely that would help him getting somewhere
george

Sorry, but all we have is an IP address which doesn't really help in this instance. Often it can reveal if someone has also posted under a different username and you can track them down from that but not this time I'm afraid.

It's a scam that happens time and time again unfortunatly.

Regards

Mike

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 03:46:18 pm »
A bit of advice about buying online. Always get an address, telephone number (landline) and email address.
You can then check the details at various websites icluding the bt phone book. If the email is from a isp such as bt, tiscali etc then it is probably genuine. Hotmail and Yahoo addresses can be used by anyone.
Regarding this one, contact your bank and the police as it is deception. The bank will contact the bank the money was transferred to. If they are pro's which I doubt, they will have covered their banking tracks. More likely just a chancer and will be caught.

poleman

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 05:08:54 pm »
YES this chap bid and won on a item I had on ebay...did he pay me...did he damn  >:(

Andy   

calmore

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:58 pm »
As easy said, try emailing a number of the ebay sellers who have sent stuff to sglods, explaining what happened...one of them might let you have his address.

You can then report to the police and/or file a small claims court claim.

I *believe* (Although you'd need to check) that you can send mail to a person c/o ("Care of") their bank branch.

As you transferred money to his account, you presumably know the "sort code". From this you can find out the name of the bank/branch address. You can then write to the branch manager, explaining the situation and requesting that he forwards the enclosed letter to the account owner...
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

calmore

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:39 pm »
Also worth noting that "sglods" posts on a certain window cleaning forum..perhaps worth signing up and seeing if you can do a bit of discreet investigation..
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 08:11:48 am »
On Forums always buy from a regular poster with whom you may have established a relationship with.

Where possible pay for goods after you have received them

Trust is a two way thing. If you send payment in advance that is the same as sellar sending good to you .In may come down to who wants the deal the most.

Follow Johns Advise. regarding contact

Best to have email communication and phone calls before parting with payment.

Be pepared to have to undertake repairs in a short space of time.

Try to make agreement over performance and refund if equipment fails in first two weeks.

Where possible go and collect

steve m

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 06:28:43 pm »
poleman, do you still have his address, as you would have it from the ebay sit if he won an item of yours

poleman

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 08:17:47 pm »
Sorry I dont have his address

Andy

Jaybee

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 08:49:33 pm »
george

Sorry, but all we have is an IP address which doesn't really help in this instance. Often it can reveal if someone has also posted under a different username and you can track them down from that but not this time I'm afraid.

The IP address would at the very least give you their location unless they were posting from a mobile device or web-cafe etc.. Sglods is a rare Welsh word for chips.

The OP must have his sort code so he can narrow it down to a town, if that town happens to be Neath or Port Talbot then it could well be the myspace user of the same name. From there on finding his address should be simple.

Neil-MDC

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 08:57:44 pm »
i would advise to pay 50% first then remaining 50% once item has been received. this way both sides are happy.

Neil

Jaybee

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 01:38:34 am »
i would advise to pay 50% first then remaining 50% once item has been received. this way both sides are happy.

Neil

Illogical in my opinion. In  this case the OP lost £100. Had the item cost £200 and he had sent a 50% advance he would have still lost £100.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 06:32:23 pm »
george

The IP address would at the very least give you their location unless they were posting from a mobile device or web-cafe etc.. Sglods is a rare Welsh word for chips.

The OP must have his sort code so he can narrow it down to a town, if that town happens to be Neath or Port Talbot then it could well be the myspace user of the same name. From there on finding his address should be simple.

If this is reported to the police, they can order the relevant ISP to tell them which account was using that IP address at the relevant time.  It would then be possible to trace the account holder.  I think the police have to get a court order of some decription as the ISP are unlikely to give the information without it.  Whether the police could be bothered to do this over such an issue may be another matter.  Also, they would not pass the info on to you.  They would deal with it by legal means.  Personally, I would complain to the police about it.  Even if he never gets charged, it would inconvenience him greatly by possibly getting him arrested and causing him to give up a DNA sample.

from edge2edge

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 08:14:43 pm »
Shiner have you considered offering a reward for the capture of this low life.people become very inventive when there is a prize to be had.i dont know how many people there are on this site but if we all stumped up say a tenner and had an agreed person collect it then that would be some impressive amount.seeing a reward offered quite often deters similar low life from trying to scam honest working guys be they carpet or window cleaners.just a thought Alan Turner(swindon)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 11:23:38 pm »
Shiner have you considered offering a reward for the capture of this low life.people become very inventive when there is a prize to be had.i dont know how many people there are on this site but if we all stumped up say a tenner and had an agreed person collect it then that would be some impressive amount.seeing a reward offered quite often deters similar low life from trying to scam honest working guys be they carpet or window cleaners.just a thought Alan Turner(swindon)

No.  I hadn't considered that  :)

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 09:02:20 am »
Im new at all of this but been shafted in the past by low lifes so Im in for a tenner to get the perp!!!
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk