Philip Hanson

Remote Control Device
« on: April 24, 2004, 01:37:12 am »
Remote control transmitter and receiver for sale.  Almost Brand new, used for 1 day

Receiver:

Transmitter: (only 1 key fob included)

Will switch any circuit on or off from a distance of upto about 30m

This is by radio, not Infra Red so the transmitter does not have to "see" the receiver.

You can select a momentary switch (stays closed as long as you hold the button down)

or toggle (press once to close, then press again to open the switch)

An unlimited number of transmitters can be added to the system, and this can be used to control garage doors, car alarms, etc.

£30 inc P&P

If you'd like any more info about this, just ask.  (Publicly or by PM - I dont Mind)

-Philip

IMPORTANT NOTE: This uses the AM radio band and is not suitable for use on pure water trolley systems
See this topic : http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Equipment;action=display;num=1082755671;start=0#0
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Martin_Bignell

Re: Remote Control Device
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 09:12:07 pm »
Hi Philip,
Will this gadget turn on a Bane Clene carpet cleaning machine? Can it handle high wattage?
I was using remote controls from Wicks Building Supplies but now thy have altered them to only take 1000watts. Do you set this one in the power line?
If it does all of this I'll have it.
Martin Apex Cleaning.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 11:44:08 pm »
Hi Martin,

This came in kit form and I built it.  The relay used for switching is rated at 125v AC and 15A (therefore 1875 watts) but if this is not enough, you (or me I should say) could add a slave relay that will take any wattage you like.  (yes the power line is what this switches)

BUT there may be a problem with adding it to your machine.  I bought this to remotely operate my water-fed pole trolley system.  The problem is that when it switches the pump on, the pump generates interference which then blocks the transmitter signal.  (so you can turn it on but not off again).

I dont know anything about your machine, but if it has an electric motor, this kit will be of no use - you will need an FM system (this is AM) so that it isnt affected by interference.  I know where you can get them if you need to.

I was using remote controls from Wicks Building Supplies but now thy have altered them to only take 1000watts.

If you already have a remote that works, but the relay isnt rated to switch the level of power you need, it is very simple to add a slave relay.  (the remote is used to switch a small relay, but the small relay is used to switch the power relay) If you need any help with that let me know.

For example, this 12v power relay has a contact rating of 10A @230 VAC = 2300 watts and only costs £4.99

From Maplin:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040426201636571&moduleno=26064

-Philip

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Philip Hanson

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 08:08:13 pm »
I'm gonna be stuck with this thing aren't I.

Hmm, maybe I could make the curtains open and shut by remote with it.

Or the fan come on.

Or the outside light.

Any other ideas anyone?

John Lawton

dave_carroll

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 08:33:25 pm »
flush the toilet  ???
                      or is that too silly?
       swamps
swamps