UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Normal Floor Wand or Brush scrubber?

<< < (2/2)

Mark Betts:
Harvey

I wouldnt say that it saves time as such but you have a much deeper and more thorough clean.

And its a lot easier on your back and drier too.

With ref to not being woolsafe approved. The powerwand is moving across the carpet and with the extracta model it is a "paddle effect" and is not "scrubbing" the carpet so to speak but just agtitating them

I would imagine those who use a rotary with a shampoo brush for agitating pre spray are exacting more force and pressure to the carpet especially with the aggressive scrubbing and swirling action.

The only thing you have to remember is when the power wand isnt moving across the carpet tilt it back so its not constantly "scrubbing" at one point. I have done this on occasion and yes thats the only way i can see you can damage the carpet.

The extracta model is as i am aware the only scrubbing power wand that uses the back and forth paddle motion. The others I think use counter rotating brushes. Apart from obviuosly the rotavac which use jet extraction.

BUY ONE !!!!!  THEYRE GREAT ARENT THEY GLYNN??

Ta

Mark

Glynn:
Yes they are Mark.
The old Ashcombe model also had the vibrating (paddle) action as well, but it seems that extracta's model is the preffered option all round.

Regards

Glynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version