dragonet

looking for a round or work for sale South Wales
« on: July 11, 2004, 01:46:03 pm »
HI I have been reading this forum for months now and i have learned alot THANKS GUYS!!!

I am desperate to start my own round and have bought all the equipment, van and even down to the uniform.
The problem is i work 50 hours per week as a gardener and I am only getting in about 2 hours in the evenings.
the plan was to build up the round slowly after work and when the time is right go full time to the windows.
Realisticly I dont think I am going to do it in the near future. as I need to earn about 300 pounds per week.

So to the piont if any body in the south wales knows of a round available to purchase or know of any areas that might be worth checking out to hurry my plans and dreams along.

being a head gardener I know all about quality, and high standards so If you pass me any work you will know it would be done to the best possible standard
(sometimes I think my standards are to high I would rather loose money than leave a poor job)

Anyway ta ta for now
Best wishes
Martin
currently trading as
"CountryWise grass and glass care"
I only clean 10 pound rural houses at the moment hence the name, but will consider anythink
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

Re: looking for a round or work for sale South Wal
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 08:50:45 pm »
Hi mate,

Where are you?  I'm Chepstow based but do a lot of work in Caldicot - a little of which I'd sell to you.

That's  if you're close to me.  Give me your number and I'll pass on work I don't want.  I'm in the local pages and often get calls from areas I don't/can't clean.

Every time you meet a window cleaner, say hello.  If he's a decent sort of chap he'll take your number and do the same.

Tosh.

dragonet

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 11:20:48 pm »
Hi Tosh,

Sorry about the delay in responding, been on my hol's  8)

I am very close to you in Newport.

Caldicot is great for me as I have a little bit of work from junction 24 to Magor at the moment and hope to build my round  in the villages  between Chepstow and  Newport.

You can contact me at the numbers below...

Home: 01633 765306
Mobile: 07779472596

By the way I work at that rather large building on Juction 24 and before I went on my hols I got speaking to the window cleaners there who where using a WFP system and I got to have a go  ;D Bloody Hell Lifting up a 4 pole system was work in itself but once it was up it felt ok. I cleaned a couple of windows and I felt a real pro and best of all safe!!! I might go down that road sooner rather than later I think.

Cheers
Martin
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

dragonet

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 05:39:17 pm »
Pulled a sicky today and went out on the road.
covered most areas between Newport and chepstow.
All I kept hearing was "theres two young boys that come around in a car" :'(

I have to admitt I did not knock any doors just drove round each village till I seen a local or popped into the local shop. I have to get over the fear of nocking I think..

I have ordered 250 cards from vestaprint (Free sample)and I am looking forward to them arriving I am also about to order a magnetic sign for my van seventeen pounds on ebay ;D

I also bought an A frame ladders on Friday, fourty nine pounds with the rubber block thingy. Tried them out on my mother inlaws works great and I got a dinner out of the clean  ;D

So tosh if you are still interested in selling me some work I'm ready and waiting ;)

While I am here do you know where I can get some cheap flyers made up the gwent area?

Martin
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 10:40:06 am »
Hi mate,

Right, got your numbers and I've a few houses I'm dropping - you can have them if you want.  

Nothing to get too excited about - they're my drive betweens and I'll probably have about 8 to 10 houses for you (maybe more - got to go through my books).  I'll e-mail you over the weekend with them.

I'll also pass on your number for work I don't want.  

I can also sell a little work in Rogiet - about eleven houses, all very small - 10 minutes each (honest) at £6.00 each and all in the same street.  

I'd sell them at twice their monthly value (about £130.00).  They're a good little number, just a pain for me to travel there.  Of course I'd introduce you to each of the customers their.

Oh, and if you'd like to spend an hour working with me - just to make sure your cleaning technique is efficient (I've seen some experienced window cleaners making their life difficult) - give me a shout and I'll tell you where I'm working.

I've also got a brilliant spread sheet and method for organising your round, keeping a customer data base and track of who owes you what.  It takes about ten minutes per day to udate.

I work the odd Saturday if this is more convenient for you.

Good luck mate, stick at it.  I've only been going for 18 months now and am making a very decently living, with the potential for much more growth.

I wish I did this years ago!

Tosh.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 10:45:53 am »
At the bottom of Chepstow's high street is a reproduction shop.  It cost me £25.00 for 300 A4 copies of an A5 sheet (basically 600 flyers).

If you're unsure how to knock out an A5 flyer on your computer I can do it for you and post it on.  It's exactly half the size of an A4 sheet and a nice size to push though a letter box.

Tosh.