Martin Lane

Built in 3kw V2 SteamMate System
« on: May 24, 2018, 07:10:09 pm »
Hi all
Looking to upgrade our machine from a Prochem to the Ashbys Enforcer, just wondering is the V2 SteamMate system worth getting ?

We mainly do windows and only do commercial carpets,

Thanks
Martin

JandS

Re: Built in 3kw V2 SteamMate System
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:45:40 pm »
Ashby machines are great but don't bother with Steamate...when mine packed in about a week out of warranty I never bothered repairing it due to cost and don't miss it.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Martin Lane

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:59:18 am »
Hi

Thanks for your reply

Martin

Morten Tornes

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 07:34:19 am »
Well, we have an Enforcer, and we love the build in Steammate, given really good consistent high heat.

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:32 am »
I wouldn’t bother either.

I used one many years ago and did tests to see if there was any difference using it compared to cold water. The results were no different and it eventually packed up. More trouble than it was worth.

cleanability

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 09:25:13 am »
And they wont heat up stone cold water.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 12:10:43 pm »
And they wont heat up stone cold water.

Huh ? they will burn your hand from cold if your doing upholstery or a stairs for example  ...
You mean they wont keep up with a medium jetted wand at a high flow rate from cold   ....

You gotta make an effort to work with electric heat  ...
for eg ....   keep one low jetted want ( about 3flow ) on board   ....  if stone cold fromtap is all u have ... pre heat the water u feed to your inline  ,  in the case of the enforcer , ashbys do en excellent 3kw immersion in tank  ,  you could have that switched on while your prespraying ... prescrubbing  ...  etc 
If you get the external steammate  , you can have your immersion running constant  while u use the inline ...just plug one of them into a different area of the building , the canteen or what ever to get onto another circuit .

Heat wont matter sometimes  and the end results might be the same ... but occasionally it will speed up getting that result bigtime .
As for the steammate breaking down ...    like every thing , eventually a switch or thermostat will fail  , i dont doubt Ashbys would rob you for repair ... but they are not the most complex of thing and a local repai guy should be able to get it going easy .

cleanability

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 11:48:24 am »
I had a Ninja with in line heater and it wouldn't heat up cold water when using my wand on carpets so whats the point. And by the way Ashbys were a nightmare and the Ninja was a nightmare never again and never taking advice from this website again.

john martin

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:50:52 pm »
I had a Ninja with in line heater and it wouldn't heat up cold water when using my wand on carpets so whats the point. And by the way Ashbys were a nightmare and the Ninja was a nightmare never again and never taking advice from this website again.

It was either you or the machine that developed a fault   :D

Sure , look at the title description here by russ  in this one of many steammate videos on youtube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bMx0gyJy8

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:32:59 pm »
Russ is all Texatherm now though, gone with the TM and heat - in with the rotary and bonnet

john martin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:30 pm »

Meh ,  i seen a video wheres hes with the Texatherm guys , looks like a promotion , they got soom some affiliation ting going .

He messaged me a while back to see how he could get more performance out of the yellow portable they make .
Bet hes using the Enforcer though .

Low moisture might be a tip for the OP here though ... although its a pita also

John Kelly

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 12:55:22 pm »
If you are only doing commercials why not just encap them using a rotary or Cimex machine.

Martin Lane

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 05:24:08 pm »
Hi John

This is something i will look in to, always just used Prochem  machine

Cheers

Darran Pryce

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 07:04:27 am »
Hi John

This is something i will look in to, always just used Prochem  machine

Cheers

Using LM on commercial carpets is in my eyes a lot quicker,  and easier on the arms and back.

Just get a good rotary around 160rvp with a feed tank which saves you pre spraying. Purchase the encap cleaning solution from John Kelly at Restormate  This is the solution you want http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0006jj