richard luxford

search engine ladder
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
does anyone have any suggestions on how to a website seen?
is there a right and a wrong way to get your site near to the top of a particular search?
i'm using colours to get noticed here, need to no what works with search engines!

martin clarke

Re: search engine ladder
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:13:01 am »
Not sure what works with search engines but dont use the orange colour text. Cant read it.

nice-n-white.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »
ive just cracked the google thing but not sure if allowed to tell bugger it ,internal links master and pages must match links on page and dont repeat it.Better not see you at the top with me dude.and orange is rubbish cant read it.
Craig Slight from nice-n-white will help you out,if not, know a man who can.

J Summers

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »
A friend of mine is a Web Developer, google site mapping is a must, do not over use key words (Google hates key word stuffing when crawling your web pages), think about any links you have on your site, are they relative to the key content of the services you are promoting - you are far better to have four relevant links to your site than 15 non relevant links.

Another way to stay ahead on Google rankings is to update your home page regularly again, when Google crawls your site, it will see that it is an active site.  I also think that to have a site Mcaffe Site tested is a plus, it certainly does no harm.  Finally, really get to know Google Webmaster Tools, Twitter and Face Book are great, so long as you keep everything content relevant.

Just a few pointers proven to work, and it is more than possible to get good rankings without all of the expense of SEO.

Hope this helps.